Kicks..............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
    That's the spirit, I was beginning to think I was going to be made redundant!

Dropping the ban hammer

Comment

Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
      You have disagreed with me on TSF ..... ...I now must start an argument , call you names and give you general abuse
      Quality.....
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

fight, fight, fight, fight, fight!

:biggrin:
        Last edited by DeanH; 7 April 2016, 06:53 PM.
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Excellent ....we are now officially off topic . Took longer than usual but we are here now .

It'snoteasy you clearly have not read the article by Doctor Phil on kickology . I suggest you educate yourself on these simple physics . I mean come on ...do you even snooker ?

Why even use the word "kick" when there is term for this already used in pool called "ball jumpies". Why you snooker players are too arrogant to accept there are better words out there .

The correct use for kicks would be ...." The player took on a brave bank shot off the side rail to attempt a three nine combination shot but got bad ball jumpies on impact "

Loving the strongbow dark fruits

Comment

Ball jumpies is now officially my favourite phrase! Lol
            No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
              Excellent ....we are now officially off topic . Took longer than usual but we are here now .

It'snoteasy you clearly have not read the article by Doctor Phil on kickology . I suggest you educate yourself on these simple physics . I mean come on ...do you even snooker ?

Why even use the word "kick" when there is term for this already used in pool called "ball jumpies". Why you snooker players are too arrogant to accept there are better words out there .

The correct use for kicks would be ...." The player took on a brave bank shot off the side rail to attempt a three nine combination shot but got bad ball jumpies on impact "

Loving the strongbow dark fruits
              Folk are on fire on here tonight.
              Ball jumpies !, they will all be saying it in my club within six months

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                Folk are on fire on here tonight.
                Ball jumpies !, they will all be saying it in my club within six months
                It's already trending at the jubilee!

Comment

I can just imagine commentators on eurosport .

" ooh that's a bad miss to miss a simple black off the spot . I didn't detect ball jumpies . Let's have a look at the replay ....yes,yes you can clearly see the black straighten up on impact , definetly ball jumpies "

Comment

Maybe the nine ballers have a point, we don't need shot clocks and crowds shouting, we need some good new phrases!
                    Who wouldn't tune in to hear Clive Everton say " Trump has been suffering from ball jumpies in this session"

Comment

Alternative commentary similar to fanzone on sky sports, that's what's needed to liven it up a bit?
                      "I think we can all agree that Hawkeye and instant replay there confirm he twatted it to hard and missed the friggin pocket!"

Comment

Did the Adam and Joe show not do alternative commentary on a Ronnie osullivan frame years ago ?

Comment

This .

Lord snooky they call him lol.https://youtu.be/ZYRUJGMSjA8

Comment

Uber-groupen Snooks

Comment

It's the composite material the balls are made from that cause them to kick. Phenolic resin simply isn't hard enough to polish to a fine finish, so its surface isn't smooth enough therefore there is too much contact friction, especially with thicker club cloths.
                              The pros use super fine cloths, table heaters, and now a polish to try to get rid of the problem but as long as they and we are using phenolic resin balls, kicks will always be a major problem.

World snooker need to tell Aramith to once again produce super crystalate balls, they have the patent for the material, they aquired it when they bought out the Composite Billiard Ball Supply Company of chesire england in the late 80's and immediately stopped its production in favour of their own phenolic resin, that's when we were introduced to planet kick and all now reside in Kick City Arizona (to quote The Fall And Rise Of Reginald Perrin).

I bought a new set of super crystalate balls last year, there are in fact made from phenolic resin, a little better than the standard TC's that Aramith sell as their weights are more closely matched; they don't kick half as much as a set of TC's, but still have that annoying tendancy for bad contacts where the balls don't jump on contact but the object ball comes off thicker and most of the spin applied to the cue ball somehow disappears.

How to conteract this I hear you ask, ok maybe I don't, but I have an answer of sorts.

I have just this week bought a set of old super cystalate balls from a buyer on ebay, he said they were unused but I knew that they couldn't be, but they were in very, very good condition; however a few hours on the bench grinder with a polishing mop had them looking all shiny and nearly new.
                              So down the club this afternoon for my usual sunday lunchtime practise and a contest between my new Aramith super crystalate phenolic resins and the genuine article.
                              Didn't bother with my new set, the old ones out performed them totally, only one kick in two hours, and that left a chalk mark on the black so I know what caused it, no bad contacts either.
                              The difference was clear from the first shot, that clear crisp click of the SC's rather than the softer clunk of the PR's, even when the cue ball had several chalk marks on it, no kicks bar the one I got on that black, the response of the cue ball to screw and side was measureable as well.

Now these old SC's look great, apart from the cue ball which has some age related mottled yellowing on it, play great and only cost me £27, absolute bargain of the year, I would recomend you all do the same, buy an old set, polish them up and play snooker as it used to be in the good old days, almost kick free and no table heater, super fine cloth or special Aramith polish required.

Comment

When I played, with old-fashioned balls, I cannot recall any 'kicks'.

Comment

Working...
                                X