Kicks..............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kicks..............

Are 'kicks' more common in UK tournaments?

No I don't think so but isn't there the problem with the kick that no can say for sure what causes it and so cant find a solution to the problem

Comment

Yes T, I know no-one has found the solution, I was just suggesting a possible clue. If ,gfor instance, it happened less often in Chinese tournaments or German ones, it might give a hint as to what might be causing 'the kick'.

cheers

Comment

I played 10 frames last night on a club table . Between the 2 of us there was only one noticeable kick . Yet when you watch TV Matches they get far more kicks .

Strange thing to say , but are the tables too clean !!!!.......thus any little object will cause a kick .

The tables we play on are very well maintained but they are know where as clean as the TV tables . And even when i play on the Star tables down the club , which are exceptional . They do not generate know where near as many kicks as you see on the TV .
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I know that humidity in PTC's across Asia was cited as a reason for kicks, I don't think they are more prominent in the UK just perhaps more noticeable as these are the competitions people tend to watch more of.

You probably get a lot more kicks than you realise, they're not all incredibly obvious, sometimes they change the path of the cueball without any distinctive sound or change in direction.
          "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Is that why i keep missing then !!!

Comment

Quite an extensive post on Pro Snooker Blog with a lot of twitter feedback from players :

http://www.prosnookerblog.com/2014/1...not-to-polish/

Comment

By ' Polish ' are they referring to Aramith Ball Cleaner ?

Was going to use it on mine tonight as they need a spruce up , but might just stick to a bit of water instead .

Comment

I'm not sure to be honest Neil.

Comment

I get more kicks when my aramith set has been cleaned . I find that after the set has been handled with bare hands they kick less

I get almost no kicks with club balls that are never really cleaned .

Personally I think that chalk causes kicks aswell as the balls being too clean . The oils from our hands etc seems to act like a lubricant almost . I don't think that the oils from our hands affect how they balls play either .

I would try having the referee not wearing gloves and clean the balls with the bare hands etc and see if it makes a difference

Comment

kicks basically are just friction! one ball trying to climb up the other ball if you eliminate friction you will eliminate kicks but you will also be unable to alter the path of the object ball by the use of side as there will be no squeeze effect

Comment

How about players rubbing their hands over the cloth, as some do quite often?

Comment

Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
                          I get more kicks when my aramith set has been cleaned . I find that after the set has been handled with bare hands they kick less

I get almost no kicks with club balls that are never really cleaned .

Personally I think that chalk causes kicks aswell as the balls being too clean . The oils from our hands etc seems to act like a lubricant almost . I don't think that the oils from our hands affect how they balls play either .

I would try having the referee not wearing gloves and clean the balls with the bare hands etc and see if it makes a difference
                          I am the exact opposite of this lol.
                          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                            I am the exact opposite of this lol.
                            You have disagreed with me on TSF ..... ...I now must start an argument , call you names and give you general abuse

Comment

Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
                              You have disagreed with me on TSF ..... ...I now must start an argument , call you names and give you general abuse
                              That's the spirit, I was beginning to think I was going to be made redundant!
                              No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Working...
                              X