cueing offline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cueing offline

recently figured out that i put right hand side on most of my shots unintentionally, even though aiming the centre of the cueball

i pull back my cue in straight line, but as soon as i deliver i can see that cue of the tip goes towards right hand side

the strange thing is that if i practice on the baulk line to check if i cue straight, i do cue straight without hitting anything

but as soon as i hit the cueball seems that the cue goes to the right, i think its the grip too lose? caz without hitting anything its straight, but if i hit the cueball , which means when the cue touches a weight, it goes to the right

i dont see any wrist twisting,etc
    been playing for 6 years, 30-50 break builder

any help would be appreciated
    tnx

Haven't we been through this before?
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

nop, finding the centre of the cueball, was something to do with the eye

Comment

Originally Posted by mustafa.ansarie View Post
        nop, finding the centre of the cueball, was something to do with the eye
        Did you get that sorted?
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

yeah i practiced that , almost solved

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPC00SpgtZE
            watch this it will sort you out pal

Comment

tnx i already fixed this issue
              if you read my post again, i said my cue goes to the right as i deliver, which hit ride side of the cueball even after aiming the centre

Comment

Are you right handed ?

Sound like you are cuing your hand into your body . Usually by griping too tight or dropping the elbow ?

Comment

right handed player, i think my grip is too loose, not sure
                  but the only way i can tell is that when i practice in baulk line without hitting the cueball, the cue delivers straight, but as soon as i hit a cueball or a ball, the cue goes to the right
                  i thought the grip might be too lose, since when it faces force / weight ( like cueball) it turns to the right

Comment

Originally Posted by mustafa.ansarie View Post
                    right handed player, i think my grip is too loose, not sure
                    but the only way i can tell is that when i practice in baulk line without hitting the cueball, the cue delivers straight, but as soon as i hit a cueball or a ball, the cue goes to the right
                    i thought the grip might be too lose, since when it faces force / weight ( like cueball) it turns to the right
                    Maybe . Or maybe you are tightening the grip at time of impact because your about to hit something with a bit of weight , rather than thin air .

Comment

Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
                      Maybe . Or maybe you are tightening the grip at time of impact because your about to hit something with a bit of weight , rather than thin air .

Have you tried cuing with your eyes closed ? You can feel every part of the delivery with your eyes shut . It's actually pretty amazing how much you notice about the delivery

Comment

i have tired it just to check , but i dont think we can practice ,this method

Comment

if you do ever find the centre of the white mark it on google maps and send it me in a message cos I have never found it myself

Comment

This is always the result of a player gripping the cue too TIGHT at or before the time of impact and the only way to see it is to video yourself by playing long blues and watching in the video the part of your cue which is over the leather in the baulk pocket and that way you can easily see where in the delivery you are going wrong. Use frame-by-frame analysis tool like freeware Kinovea.

As was said when you're cueing with no balls there you don't have to tighten the grip to deliver the cue but when there are balls in the equation a lot of players will tighten the grip too soon and too tight. I have had students who start their delivery by tightening the grip and as soon as you do that you have no hope of delivering the cue straight.
                            Terry Davidson
                            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

thanks, i will give it a go

Comment

Working...
                              X