X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think my grip's abit tight since terry mentioned it
    watch this video
    and tell me if at 0:40 , is the correct position of forefinger
    caz when i pull back, my forefinger is stil touching the thumb and its round , since my coach told me that it has to be locked all the time
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTKYyMr9FWU

if you watch 0:51 his forfinger is different here
    im confused
    my other fingers are loose, the only forefinger confuses me
    Last edited by mustafa.ansarie; 17 April 2016, 07:52 PM.

Comment

if you watch 1:40
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyEy8KOdk_w
      his forefinger is straight here

Comment

My advice, you have a coach, do as he tells you.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Going through the very same issue at the moment.....and gets me mad!
          Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

if you watch the videos, i think the forefinger shouldnt be round after pulling the cue
            people say grip should be as loose as posible
            but if you make a round shape with your forefinger, and keep it round at all the time, your grip is tight

Comment

Not a bad video , showing the grip and how it works.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by mustafa.ansarie View Post
                if you watch the videos, i think the forefinger shouldnt be round after pulling the cue
                people say grip should be as loose as posible
                but if you make a round shape with your forefinger, and keep it round at all the time, your grip is tight
                It's only tight if you make it tight You can hold your cue vertically and grip it with a round shape and loosen the round shape lightly until the cue starts to slip through . This can be done while maintaining the grip .

I'm guilty of gripping the cue too tight sometimes . But other times my grip is so light that if I hit a power shot ,the cue slips forward through my grip a few mms after my hand hits my chest

Comment

thats the problem
                  i saw few coaches they told me to maintain the forefinger round and lock it
                  but i do that i cannot pot difficult pots
                  but if i straighten the forefinger at the end of the delivery and its not even touching the thumb i play better
                  but the coaches keep tellin me thats too loose etc
                  i have been playing with what coach told me, like 2 years now
                  but i think im not gonna stick with it now

Comment

Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
                    Maybe . Or maybe you are tightening the grip at time of impact because your about to hit something with a bit of weight , rather than thin air .
                    You'd probably be better off with a video from behind the ball and then yourself or you could end up changing things that aren't broke. Either that or getting a coach to take a look.

A while back I started tinkering with what if's as you can't see what you are doing yourself, by the time you are finished you are in a totally different position. When I went to a coach he just your twisting the cue on final delivery and your grip is too tight...........might not be the same for you but also you don;t ant to change something that works makiing the situation worse.
                    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

The correct tightness (or lack of) is you should be able to move the cue through the grip using the other hand with no pressure.

Al;so, the video posted in #21 is EXACTLY correct. The grip is really the cue up into the web between forefinger and thumb with the forefinger curled around the cue and the thumb touching the forefinger and there really is no real pressure anywhere. The back 3 fingers should remain in touch with the cue at all times, even in a long backswing.
                      Terry Davidson
                      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Just taken a look at Barry's other videos, I think I will take time and look at them all; the grip video seems spot on as Terry says and he looks like a very knowledgeable guy.
                        Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                        Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                        Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
                          Are you right handed ?

Sound like you are cuing your hand into your body . Usually by griping too tight or dropping the elbow ?
                          Funny you mentionned that (cueing my hand into my body) because I thought about it today before heading to my training session and realized that it was probably what I was doing wrong unconsciously....So once at the table, I paid attention, moved my cue a little out and started potting some balls straight again. I was cueing so well that I even managed to get a 50 break, only missing a simple red after losing position off a black. Could have been even higher.
                          so thank you : )
                          Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

i saw my coach and he said you have to experience things yourself, whats right for you
                            he said if you are dropping your shoulder like ronnie does, then use a grip like him
                            he is closeing his grip at the end, while forfinger and thumb is open and not even touching each other

he said you gotta experience cocking your wrist, in , out, side etc to see the experiences

i saw two coaches 2 years ago, and they changed my grip which im currently using
                            but i saw this new coach 3 times now, in 1 month

and he is telling me my everything is perfect
                            but i hardly make 50 breaks in 10 frames

Comment

Working...
                            X