Unusual snooker rule question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unusual snooker rule question

Got asked a strange one the other day that I haven't heard of before.

A shot into the reds knocks the black and the pink into pockets and all the spots are now covered except the Blue spot.

Which ball goes on the blue spot and where does the other ball go?
    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

I'd guess that the black goes on the blue spot, and the pink follows the same rules when all the spots are covered.

i.e as near to it's spot in a direct line towards the black cushion.

Comment

I'm not sure which ball would be spotted first, but the other ball will go as close as possible to its spot, whilst keeping in a straight line with it.

Comment

Well I think we're all in agreement about the ball not going back on the blue spot but it's still an interesting one as to which ball gets spotted first.

Personally I'd go for the highest value ball but I guess that's the point, I don't know.

It'll be interesting if someone knows the answer.

Comment

Highest (black) goes on the blue.

Comment

in the rules it states that if multiple colour balls are pocketed, the highest value ball is spotted first - if its spot is occupied then it goes to the highest spot available; then the next highest value ball to be spotted, etc.
            If all spots are covered then the ball goes as close as possible to its own spot in a direct line to the top (black) cushion without touching any other ball.
            Last edited by DeanH; 1 May 2016, 08:17 PM.
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              in the rules it states that if multiple colour balls are pocketed, the highest value ball is spotted first - if its spot is occupied then it goes to the highest spot available; then the next highest value ball to be spotted, etc.
              If all spots are covered then the ball goes as close as possible to its own spot in a direct line to the top (black) cushion without touching any other ball.
              Yep! That sounds right...very nice answer

Comment

got to add that if the ball's own spot was available then it goes on its own spot.
                if say the brown and black where pocketed, and the black spot covered and brown spot available, the brown would be spotted, then the black would go on the highest available or closest to its own spot.
                Last edited by DeanH; 1 May 2016, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                  got to add that if the ball's own spot was available then it goes on its own spot.
                  if say the brown and black where pocketed, and the black spot covered and brown spot available, the brown would be spotted, then the black would go on the highest available or closest to its own spot.
                  Good point Dean

Comment

basically
                    those balls that can go on their own spots - are spotted.
                    those left - highest first to any available... etc.

Comment

Maybe we should start a thread for unusual snooker rules for all those obscure ones that crop up every now and again.....

Comment

Question I was asked today: Player A goes in-off, so Player B has ball in hand. Player B puts the ball into the D, and plays his shot, but commits a foul and it's called a miss. Player A opts to put the balls back. Does the white go back to where B put it, or does B have ball in hand again?

Comment

Should be where player b placed it.

Comment

Originally Posted by AndrewB View Post
                            Question I was asked today: Player A goes in-off, so Player B has ball in hand. Player B puts the ball into the D, and plays his shot, but commits a foul and it's called a miss. Player A opts to put the balls back. Does the white go back to where B put it, or does B have ball in hand again?
                            If a miss is called and the balls are replaced, then the offender has to play from the exact same position as the previous stroke, and has exactly the same choices open to him as to what ball to go for, eg on a colour he still has a choice of colours, but more importantly (although a lot less likely), if he had a free ball the first time around,t hen he'd still have a free ball choice if the balls are replaced.
                            Duplicate of banned account deleted

Comment

Working...
                            X