Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing the snooker badge/disc from the butt

Hi Guys

I need some advise on how to remove the badge / disc from the butt of my cue

I have bought a personalised one and want to fit it to my cue

Does anybody know of an easy way to remove the old one without damaging the cue

PS - not bothered about damaging the disc whats coming off

Thanks
    Maximus Legend Plus : Ebony butt with Ovangkol front wedge and thick maple veneer : Premium ash shaft : Tip 9.45 mm Talisman Trinity Soft, length 58″, weight 18.4 oz, butt diameter 29.4 mm, balance 18″

Drill a small hole in the centre of the badge then put a small screwdriver or similar in the hole and gently lever badge out.

Comment

I am assuming the current disc does not say "Parris Ultimate 101" or anything like that? :biggrin:
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Nah its only a £100 cue. Dont think i would be doing it if i had a parris cue haha
        Maximus Legend Plus : Ebony butt with Ovangkol front wedge and thick maple veneer : Premium ash shaft : Tip 9.45 mm Talisman Trinity Soft, length 58″, weight 18.4 oz, butt diameter 29.4 mm, balance 18″

Comment

Originally Posted by bigandyg View Post
          Drill a small hole in the centre of the badge then put a small screwdriver or similar in the hole and gently lever badge out.
          or use a slightly bigger drill and it rips it out en route!
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Will give it a try. Would i just use gel superglue to stick the new one on?

Comment

Originally Posted by sk1nnym0nkey View Post
              Thanks for the advice. Will give it a try. Would i just use gel superglue to stick the new one on?
              I'd have a look how it sits first, you might want to use a slower drying thicker alternative that the badge can sit on to give a flush finish. I've used wood glue in the past, over fill the hole sguidge the badge in, wipe the excess and leave for 24 hours.
              No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Working...
              X