POOL Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POOL Question

In World Rules pool... a player breaks off and pots a yellow. He nominates yellows and before he plays a stroke he commits a foul. The (qualified!) referee calls 'open table, two visits'. The non-offender comes to the table and pots a yellow, splitting all the balls nicely in the process. The original offender pipes up and says' 'but I'm yellows'. What happens next?

Now the referee was wrong to call the 'free table'. Because the breaker potted off the break and nominated the colour he potted, then he was yellows, regardless of the foul he committed. The non-offender was, therefore reds when he came to the table.

The player can't now be expected to switch to reds and the offender surely can't be left with the advantage of having had his opponent pot one of his balls. So, the two options are (IMHO) to replace the balls to where they were, or, if that is not feasible, to re-start the frame. Any thoughts?
    Duplicate of banned account deleted

I would say most def a re-rack- can't really penalise either player with a cock up by the ref. Then take the ref outside and give him a good wallop for not
    Knowing the rules

Comment

This would be a good question for the new pool forum.

Comment

Have you looked at the pool forum lately???
        Duplicate of banned account deleted

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
          This would be a good question for the new pool forum.
          If there was anyone on it.........

Comment

Originally Posted by Londonlad147 View Post
            Have you looked at the pool forum lately???
            I just knew the new owners had created one, not looked as I only play snooker. Been years since I played pool, can't even remember the rules. I take it the pool forum is dead then?

Comment

Pool forum was short lived, anything on there gets as much notice as a fart on a windy day

Comment

Originally Posted by Booters View Post
                Pool forum was short lived, anything on there gets as much notice as a fart on a windy day
                Now that made me laugh. Must be bad then if it's quieter than here.

Comment

Now that made me laugh. Must be bad then if it's quieter than here.
                  Yeah it's such a shame it hasn't taken off, I was the first member on there, even before it was officially open! Just stumbled upon by chance and signed up.

Shame the threads on here couldn't be moved to there

Comment

Originally Posted by Booters View Post
                    Yeah it's such a shame it hasn't taken off, I was the first member on there, even before it was officially open! Just stumbled upon by chance and signed up.

Shame the threads on here couldn't be moved to there
                    I commented about moving the threads when it happened but apparently it wasn't possible.

Comment

I commented about moving the threads when it happened but apparently it wasn't possible.
                      Yes I do remember that being suggested, I do sometimes consider posting something pool related, but I'm sure I would get hanged drawn and quartered for doing so

Comment

Just clicked on to the pool forum, only 50 members and 17 active. I didn't realise it was that bad!

Comment

Could you not post in general chat about pool, it says it's for all cue sports.
                          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Generally, pool players are busy playing pool..this snooker forum however...
                            Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
                            https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

Working...
                            X