Joint Inquiry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joint Inquiry

No I'm not asking for weed or how to skin up....

Asking for a friend who is not happy with the current joint on his cue.

Is there any particular joint system or brand which seems strong and reliable etc.

Many thanks in advance.
    Last edited by mikeyd100; 21 July 2016, 03:24 AM.

If your friend is looking at replacing the joint, try ebbrocues.co.uk
    My friend had the joint replaced on a Peradon Willie Thorne 2 piece cue a few weeks ago and they did an excellent job. They are near Blackburn.

Comment

What make of cue has he got Mikeyd100 ?

Comment

yep, what make of cue is it, and in what way is he not happy with the current joint?
        Maybe it just needs a clean - on the flat faces and the thread
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

'Joint Inquiry'?

Not Parris Cues again surely?

Comment

Cheers all. Its a two piece cue craft, says that there is a slight rattling type noise when tapping it against the palm of his hand. Tried wire wooling it etc to clean it up.
            Wants something more solid feeling.
            ( Its one of the quick release joints ).

Comment

Put a bit of vaseline around the screw thread and inside the joint. Wipe off the excess. This sorted my old 3/4 cue when the joint wasn't making a good seal.
              WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
              Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
              --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                Put a bit of vaseline around the screw thread and inside the joint. Wipe off the excess. This sorted my old 3/4 cue when the joint wasn't making a good seal.
                I'll pass that tip on, cheers Ted.

Comment

Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
                  Cheers all. Its a two piece cue craft, says that there is a slight rattling type noise when tapping it against the palm of his hand. Tried wire wooling it etc to clean it up.
                  Sounds like the weight is loose. A cue doctor can fix this for not many beans should he decide to keep it.

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
                    Sounds like the weight is loose. A cue doctor can fix this for not many beans should he decide to keep it.
                    Yeah possibly. Doesnt sound major but needs someone to have a look at it.
                    Have a good weekend everyone

Comment

Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
                      Is it the dot to dot joint system where you line the 2 dots up then tighten up about a 1/4 turn ?

If it is these joints are a poor design, the idea was good in terms of being quick release but they usually end up faulty or splitting the wood eventually due to expansion/shrinkage, as too much wood is bored out to fit them.
                      Last edited by CueAntW147; 23 July 2016, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by CueAntW147 View Post
                        Is it the dot to dot joint system where you line the 2 dots up then tighten up about a 1/4 turn ?

If it is these joints are a poor design, the idea was good in terms of being quick release but they usually end up faulty or splitting the wood eventually due to expansion/shrinkage, as too much wood is bored out to fit them.
                        No mate its not the dot to dot system. The quick release is just a gimmick I feel, why does one need to hurry so much screwing / unscrewing a cue together.. not as if you need to do it every frame.

Comment

If its a quick release it'll be the same joints used by Riley/BCE, the joint on my Cue Craft C71 is and it rattles if I overtighten the cue

Comment

Any recommendations for a reliable replacement joint anyone ?

Comment

i used a guy years ago to repair my 2pc centre join riley burwat his name is bob akers i just googled him and it appears that he's still doing repairs he did an excellent job on my cue if it turns out to be a loose weight i would assume he could fix that too i think john parrott used a cue with one of his joints in they are made from stainless steel and perspex

Comment

Working...
                              X