Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table Lighting - help please !!!!

Hi

Our club has 5 tables, and currently is still using the traditional wooden canopies, using the old 150 watt tungsten bulbs

We are looking to replace these lights with something more modern

We have looked at the Peradon Luminaire lights, which do produce a good even light

Has anyone seen or had experience with the new LED panels for billiards tables ???

I've seen Nationwide Snooker Lighting are they any good ???

Any help would be great - thanks

http://www.discount-electrical.co.uk...th-cat2-louvre
    2 x 5ft end to end, thats all you need per table

Comment

Peradon are basically the same as the Dextra Duet but with an expensive sticker added :wink:

You have the following options
      1. stay with the coffin with incandescent bulbs
      2. convert the coffins to LED
      3. change to Dextra Duet High-Frequency fluorescent, 2x 5ft fitted end-to-end
      4. change to Dextra Duet LED

The Dextra Duet are fitted 5ft above the playing bed (do you have the space?) either fitted to the ceiling or hung by chains. These open up the space above the table and the whole hall. It is amazing how much the coffins obscure the space around the hall.

Not played under LED so cant comment but the fluorescents can be strange initially changing from incandescent; make sure you get High Frequency fluorescents.

The Dextra Duets also have the multi-reflecting louvres which cast uniform light onto the table which is hugely different from the coffin incandescent, for the better.

Maybe your club can test one table before changing all 5

Let us know what you decide and how you get on.
      Last edited by DeanH; 27 August 2016, 09:56 AM.
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by tmax View Post
        Hi

Our club has 5 tables, and currently is still using the traditional wooden canopies, using the old 150 watt tungsten bulbs

We are looking to replace these lights with something more modern

We have looked at the Peradon Luminaire lights, which do produce a good even light

Has anyone seen or had experience with the new LED panels for billiards tables ???

I've seen Nationwide Snooker Lighting are they any good ???

Any help would be great - thanks
        Go the Dextra route bud. Buy one, mount it yourselves or get a tradesmen in and plug it into the existing supply. Piece of cake. Put some boards on the table and stand on them if you don't have an up and over ladder or use some scaffolding and planks or an aluminium scaffolding tower that can be hired for £100. These lights make a huge difference. Shadows fade and potting is a joy. It's also much much easier for onlookers to view the table on match nights. These lights are used by all the pros in their practice rooms and academies. And you're doing the environment a favour as well as seeing club lecky bill go down.
        Last edited by Big Splash!; 27 August 2016, 09:55 AM.

Comment

You can make a big low cost improvement by simply switching bulbs to 30watt daylight bulbs that are equivalent to 150 watts of the old style bulbs.
          These bulbs emit a light very similar to natural daylight and improve your vision dramatically.

Comment

Canopies are last century's tech and this century's joke. Bin em. It's not just the tables, the rest of the room will look better with Dextras. The choice about LED or fluo? Ask the company and make sure the LEDs will supply as much light as fluos.

My own personal preference would be wide beam stage lights pointed from different directions but who's gonna do that apart from pro event holders?

Don't buy anything from online sellers like ABC snooker. Rip-off prices.

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
              Canopies are last century's tech and this century's joke. Bin em. It's not just the tables, the rest of the room will look better with Dextras. The choice about LED or fluo? Ask the company and make sure the LEDs will supply as much light as fluos.

My own personal preference would be wide beam stage lights pointed from different directions but who's gonna do that apart from pro event holders?

Don't buy anything from online sellers like ABC snooker. Rip-off prices.
              Ooh!! here comes the Lawsuit! lol

Comment

Originally Posted by shafter View Post
                http://www.discount-electrical.co.uk...th-cat2-louvre
                2 x 5ft end to end, thats all you need per table
                Which is the best for snooker tables? They range from 28w to 80w. Thinking of asking my club to try them on one table.

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
                  Which is the best for snooker tables? They range from 28w to 80w. Thinking of asking my club to try them on one table.
                  Is this LEDs? At one club, they've got three 200w incandescent bulbs in the hood and the light is ok. That would require 3 x 36w LED bulbs (118w) to get the same amount of light on the table. I wouldn't accept less personally. So if it's a Dextra, I'd go 80w, as even that may not be enough. However, the Dextras will distribute the light well I suppose so it may be a good outcome.

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
                    Is this LEDs? At one club, they've got three 200w incandescent bulbs in the hood and the light is ok. That would require 3 x 36w LED bulbs (118w) to get the same amount of light on the table. I wouldn't accept less personally. So if it's a Dextra, I'd go 80w, as even that may not be enough. However, the Dextras will distribute the light well I suppose so it may be a good outcome.
                    I followed the link shafter provided for Dextra.

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
                      i bought mine 2 years ago mate, they were the Dextra 1500 x 275 daylight tubes (i think t8?) but not sure of the wattage?
                      and they were only £45 plus vat then so they've gone up a fair bit!

Comment

Originally Posted by shafter View Post
                        i bought mine 2 years ago mate, they were the Dextra 1500 x 275 daylight tubes (i think t8?) but not sure of the wattage?
                        and they were only £45 plus vat then so they've gone up a fair bit!
                        Cheers mate. Couple local clubs have them so I'll try get some more info.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                          Peradon are basically the same as the Dextra Duet but with an expensive sticker added :wink:

You have the following options
                          1. stay with the coffin with incandescent bulbs
                          2. convert the coffins to LED
                          3. change to Dextra Duet High-Frequency fluorescent, 2x 5ft fitted end-to-end
                          4. change to Dextra Duet LED

The Dextra Duet are fitted 5ft above the playing bed (do you have the space?) either fitted to the ceiling or hung by chains. These open up the space above the table and the whole hall. It is amazing how much the coffins obscure the space around the hall.

Not played under LED so cant comment but the fluorescents can be strange initially changing from incandescent; make sure you get High Frequency fluorescents.

The Dextra Duets also have the multi-reflecting louvres which cast uniform light onto the table which is hugely different from the coffin incandescent, for the better.

Maybe your club can test one table before changing all 5

Let us know what you decide and how you get on.
                          What are the dextra duets you use Dean? They go from 28w to 80w. Would going halfway on 54w be any good?

Comment

sorry the Duets were at my old club, I will try to contact someone still over there see if he can see what they have.
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                              sorry the Duets were at my old club, I will try to contact someone still over there see if he can see what they have.
                              Cheers Dean.

Comment

Working...
                              X