Cleaning/Maintenance Of Cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning/Maintenance Of Cue

I've just started using a combination of sugar soap & Wood Silk Beeswax Spray on my cue to clean & maintain it. I use the sugar soap first to get rid of all the chalk and grease off the cue and this seems to clean it up really well. I then use the Wood Silk Beeswax Spray to finish the cue off & to put a bit of moisture back into the wood grain. Are these two products good to use on a snooker cue or not?

I just use a baby wipe and dry cloth d I es the trick

Comment

I just use a baby wipe and dry cloth does the trick

Comment

Sugar soap is meant for cleaning and preparing already painted or varnished surfaces ready for another coat, not for bare wood.
        I use a little ordinary soap on a damp cloth to remove dirt and then buff with a dry cloth straight away. Once a year use Rustins surface cleaner applied with 000 wire wool, remove and buff with a dry cloth and then a beeswax polish.

Comment

yep, just plain soapy water then a dry cloth to dry and buff

Comment

Soap of any kind, should not be applied to an oil finished cue. None. You will remove the cue oil if you apply soap. If you wish to keep oiling your cue, go for it!

Go pro, either use a damp cloth or a dry cloth. I don't see pros in the arenas or backstage pumping the soap dispenser and whacking it on their cues. A damp cloth will lead to smoother finish but it also removes oil. A dry cloth leaves a shinier smooth surface over time. I'm moved over to a dry cloth and got used to not having an ultra glide cue. Also ignore muppet 'cue makers' who tell you to use wire wool in addition to soap. I woudn't trust them to clean my car, they know so little.
            Last edited by Big Splash!; 31 August 2016, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Wet one side of a cloth and wipe down the cue, then with the dry side wipe it dry. Then apply some linseed oil to the entire cue and leave it to dry for 24 hours. Wipe with a dry cloth again and your ready to go

Comment

^ boiled linseed? I wouldn't. Sticky, glupey stuff. Nah, angle oil is the way forward, made from 3 exclusive and expensive oils at 99.99% purity.

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
                  ^ boiled linseed? I wouldn't. Sticky, glupey stuff. Nah, angle oil is the way forward, made from 3 exclusive and expensive oils at 99.99% purity.
                  Hi fella what is angel oil

Comment

It's for oiling your angles, makes potting smoother.

Comment

Originally Posted by batesy147 View Post
                      Hi fella what is angel oil
                      It's me own oil blend mate, containing the best oils out there. The formula is secret.

Comment

Then why tell people to use it.

Are you selling it? If so, what puts it above the range of other oils about - MW, Coutts, ADR, Welshpools etc?

Comment

I've tried some of the more expensive cue oils - they're all bound to do a good job and I wouldn't say any is better than the other.

I personally like the feel and scent of raw linseed over any of these though. The fact that John Parris has used the stuff forever on his cues and sells repackaged bottles of it on his site speaks volumes.

Comment

I did consider bottling it and selling it but the oils are rare and expensive. If I had to do the ebay/internet fees, do packaging and freepost + my time, it would only be worth doing it for £20 a small vial. I just don't think anyone would pay that. So the Angel Oil is only for the angel cue unfortunately. :chargrined:
                            Last edited by Big Splash!; 1 September 2016, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
                              I did consider bottling it and selling it but the oils are rare and expensive. If I had to do the ebay/internet fees, do packaging and freepost + my time, it would only be worth doing it for £20 a small vial. I just don't think anyone would pay that. So the Angel Oil is only for the angel cue unfortunately. :chargrined:
                              A few cue oils are around the £10 mark plus postage. If your cue oil is that good than it is surely worth £20 inclusive of p&p (dependent of oil amount per vial)?

This could be your moment.

Step forward and walk the talk!

Comment

Working...
                              X