Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    UK World Rules the scenario (#5) would be Foul Snooker and either a free ball or pick up and ball in hand from the baulk.
    UK Black Ball Rules (not sure) but I believe the same as WR.
    8 Ball (US) don't know.
    Cheers D.
    Yes, and I think that's why the frame was voided. Usually, it's a bad idea to place a ball over an opponent's 8 ball because if you don't get it really close or touching, you opponent comes off a cushion with side and flicks it out the way as his free ball, even if the CB is down the table. However, if you can put the ball close enough, both players can end up chicken and I think that's what happened in the frame I saw; stalemate and rerack. If this was to ever happen by accident, goodness, god has smiled on the guy with the red/yellow remaining and the devil has laughed at the player on the 8 ball.

Where's Hello Mr Big Shat when you need him huh? Come on fella, get out your bed for the nightshift and fill us in on US 8.
    I think you are not describing the original scenario of snookered after a foul, in this scenario it should be game over either by free ball or ball in hand
    (UK pool - US no idea )
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
      E8B - world rules - if snookered, you can pick the ball up and place it behind the line. Not sure what happens if still snookered from there, hate world rules with a passion, refuse to dignify it by playing it.

Black ball rules - can pick the white up after any foul regardless. Can also play a free shot ie you can plant the black in directly if you choose to.

A8B/C8B - ball in hand. Simple, effective and a massive improvement on the nonsense E8B rule codes. Two shots? i ask you...
      Sweet. Ok, but in A8, what if you have ball in hand but you can't directly hit the 8, can you plant your opponents ball on to it? Or would you play a tactical foul and force you opponent to winkle his ball out, which he may refuse and then kaboom is the rack dead? See what I'm sayin?

BB8: Yep, planting your opponents ball (a free ball) on to the 8 does make sense, that's what they call a 'skill shot' right?
      Last edited by Big Splash!; 1 September 2016, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        I think you are not describing the original scenario of snookered after a foul, in this scenario it should be game over either by free ball or ball in hand
        (UK pool - US no idea )
        I know, I'm thinking of It's Not Easy's scenario but in the worst situation. The original scenario (5) for E8 was pretty easy, assuming there was distance between the red/yellow and the 8. Because we'd play off the red/yellow on to a cushion, then pot the 8 with second visit. Or we'd play the red/yellow on to a cushion or pot it, then play the black. Or take the CB behind the string and pot the 8.

But anyway, the worst scenario did come up and it was interesting at the time, there won't be many times you see a rack of pool voided. So what's the number of continuous fouls in E8 that finishes a frame bud?

Not sure about A8 for Scenario 5 though.
        Last edited by Big Splash!; 1 September 2016, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Sweet. Ok, but in A8, what if you have ball in hand but you can't directly hit the 8, can you plant your opponents ball on to it? Or would you play a tactical foul and force you opponent to winkle his ball out, which he may refuse and then kaboom is the rack dead. See what I'm sayin?

BB8: Yep, planting your opponents ball (a free ball) on to the 8 does make sense, that's what they call a 'skill shot' right?
          Right.

Don't know about A8B - would think you can play the plant to win the game, but not sure. I've rarely played it.

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
            Right.

Don't know about A8B - would think you can play the plant to win the game, but not sure. I've rarely played it.
            Ta.

Well, we can definitely play the plant of the 8 on the 9 in A9! ****ing hell, A9 is clearer and makes more sense than the rest of pool, whodathunkit? Answer, don't play with two sets of balls.

Comment

I know, I'm thinking of It's Not Easy's scenario but in the worst situation. The original scenario (5) for E8 was pretty easy, assuming there was distance between the red/yellow and the 8. Because we'd play off the red/yellow on to a cushion, then pot the 8 with second visit. Or we'd play the red/yellow on to a cushion or pot it, then play the black. Or take the CB behind the string and pot the 8.

But anyway, the worst scenario did come up and it was interesting at the time, there won't be many times you see a rack of pool voided. So what's the number of continuous fouls in E8 that finishes a frame bud?

Not sure about A8 for Scenario 5 though.
              In WR it's three continuous fouls each (cue ball not making contact with an object ball, there's no limit on the number of deliberate fouls other than this).
              With thee free ball scenario you can, as already stated, move the white or take a free ball. If you move the White (behind the baulk line) and are still snookered you can still take a free ball. If you are on the 8 ball you can use your opponents ball to pot your black (if foul snookered) but it doesn't matter what order the balls go in i.e. black then opponents ball or vice versa.
              Last edited by danam1; 2 September 2016, 06:57 AM.
              Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

Originally Posted by danam1 View Post
                In WR it's three continuous fouls each (cue ball not making contact with an object ball, there's no limit on the number of deliberate fouls other than this).
                With thee free ball scenario you can, as already stated, move the white or take a free ball. If you move the White (behind the baulk line) and are still snookered you can still take a free ball. If you are on the 8 ball you can use your opponents ball to pot your black (if foul snookered) but it doesn't matter what order the balls go in i.e. black then opponents ball or vice versa.
                Thanks for being that up bud.

Comment

Working...
                X