Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone tried Buffalo Diamond Plus tips off ADR147?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone tried Buffalo Diamond Plus tips off ADR147?

Has anyone tried the Buffalo Diamond Plus tips off ADR147? I've just ordered 3 11mm of these tips off ADR147's eBay page & was just wondering if anyone has tried these tips & what they are like. Any info would be much appreciated.

Have dealt with ADR many times, good guy to deal with
    I have used Buffalo Diamond Plus tips a few times on mine and a few friends' cues to range of results.
    Tips are easy to fit and shape and in general hold their shape well over time.
    One on a UK pool cue (8.2mm) needed attention after some heavy play; general snooker size worked well.
    The tips held chalk well and gave a firm response from the cue ball contact.
    No eureka moment, a reasonable tip for a reasonable price.
    No longer use them myself but may go back after doing the rounds on other makes/types :wink:
    Hope they work for you
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Fitted one couple of weeks ago. It is a good pressed tip, provides good touch, nice feeling but is it too soft for me down the road. Will move back to Pro Granite I think.
      Overall, good alternative to Elkies, better quality. Holds chalk well.
      Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
        Fitted one couple of weeks ago. It is a good pressed tip, provides good touch, nice feeling but is it too soft for me down the road. Will move back to Pro Granite I think.
        Overall, good alternative to Elkies, better quality. Holds chalk well.
        How do you deal with the huge amount of throw in a pro granite?

Comment

Doesn't throw that much to be honest. The last one I had was firm, steady, kept its shape for 5 months or so. Perfect grip. Very consistent in all sorts of shots really. A real delight...Of course my current Diamond Plus provides much more possibilities when applying side (being softer) but I lack of feeling with it. Overall, I miss the PG firmness.
          Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
            Doesn't throw that much to be honest. The last one I had was firm, steady, kept its shape for 5 months or so. Perfect grip. Very consistent in all sorts of shots really. A real delight...Of course my current Diamond Plus provides much more possibilities when applying side (being softer) but I lack of feeling with it. Overall, I miss the PG firmness.
            They're a bugger to shape but keep a nice shape once done. They do soften after you play them in but I found the PG to throw loads, more than any tip I've put on. And I bought three, all the same behaviour. After that, goodbye. Throw is something we have to deal with unless we pay a hundred quid for the spiky ferrule. But I can't be doing with adding even more throw into the mix. So for me, fail of a tip.

Comment

I get most of my tips through Andrew and have had the diamond plus from him, personally they're the best pressed tip ive tried.

Comment

Are they hard or soft?

Comment

Originally Posted by dmorley85 View Post
                  Are they hard or soft?
                  They are softer than I would like!
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

On the soft side yeah. But to me, MW Super Tips remain my reference for pressed tips.

Comment

Any one use the compression tool on the BD + tips to see how they perform. I ve got few BD + tips which I want to try but not sure whether to use the compression tool or not, it's first time putting tip on tho. Currently have Pheonix black medium on.

P.'s

Is the general rule to use compression tip tool on tips that for example, soft elk that tend to not hold Shape and that crummble away to fast or to use the tool on every soft tip?
                      Last edited by Essa; 11 February 2017, 05:02 PM. Reason: Added extra comment
                      3/4 Craftsman's Cue Majestic Tulip 58.75, butt jointed at 16", 19 oz , 9.6mm

Comment

Working...
                      X