Tip question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
    Not as exciting as regular super glue though.

Nothing like working under pressure!
    Lol indeed yes - sphincter twitching stuff is regular superglue.

Please dont read too much into that lads :P

Comment

Advise please.. How to prevent ferrule from tarnish?
      Many thanks
      Hi Ho The Merry Yo, The Black Went In The Hole~ :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by bluenose1940 View Post
        Hi folks,

I've just fitted a Mike Wooldridge tip to my cue, ready for my first century break :biggrin-new:

My question is, what do you chaps do with your tip, whatever make it may be, do you actually 'dome' it or, do you merely 'curve' it. hope you understand what I'm saying.
        Always dome your tips. It's not aesthetic, it's down to playability. The nearer you hit the ball with the centre of the tip and not the area of the tip over the ferrule, the less throw you will get. I only know this because I'm an expert.

I tape the top of the shaft then use a Dremel on low speed with an abrasive drum mounted, then finish off with Craftsmen Cues tip shaper: http://www.craftsmancues.com/acatalo...13.html#SID=37

Don't worry about tiny bits of fluff, chalk the tip and play it in, really impregnating the tip with plenty of chalk on each shot. Use Triangle Spruce or Masters Green for the job.

As for tips; you can't beat a good elk; the choice of champions.

@fisherboi; Brasso mate. Designed to keep brass shiny. Any metal polish will do. Tape the top of the shaft before use.
        Last edited by Big Splash!; 12 September 2016, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Fisherboi View Post
          [ATTACH]18487[/ATTACH]
          Many thanks
          Blood hell lad thats a shine you got on that !!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
            Always dome your tips. It's not aesthetic, it's down to playability. The nearer you hit the ball with the centre of the tip and not the area of the tip over the ferrule, the less throw you will get. I only know this because I'm an expert.

I tape the top of the shaft then use a Dremel on low speed with an abrasive drum mounted, then finish off with Craftsmen Cues tip shaper: http://www.craftsmancues.com/acatalo...13.html#SID=37

Don't worry about tiny bits of fluff, chalk the tip and play it in, really impregnating the tip with plenty of chalk on each shot. Use Triangle Spruce or Masters Green for the job.

@fisherboi; Brasso mate. Designed to keep brass shiny. Any metal polish will do. Tape the top of the shaft before use.
            don't know why but this really made me smile, I think it's the modesty that did it
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

[ATTACH]18487[/ATTACH]
              Many thanks
              ooooaaaaaaah. Is that a laminated shaft?

That's a very clean set up you have there.

You might want to be careful when sanding the cue tip in, the tip of the ferrule is 0.5mm smaller.

Very clean....very clean.....
              Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
              Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
              Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                don't know why but this really made me smile, I think it's the modesty that did it
                lol yes - but expert what?
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post

7 top tips in one short post. You're just on the money son, on the money. No wonder they call you the expert.

Comment

You might want to be careful when sanding the cue tip in, the tip of the ferrule is 0.5mm smaller.

Yes, that's laminated shaft.
                    Very sharp eyes you have haha.. Think I'm flirting with tips too much, the ferrule getting smaller

Comment

Originally Posted by bluenose1940 View Post
                      Originally Posted by markz View Post
                      Nice job bluenose, get down the club and knock it in now.
                      Thank you markz. I am looking forward to my next game on Tuesday to see how this tip plays and feels. The tip is totally different to anything that I have used before, it is considerably deeper.

Just to go a little further with this tip subject. What do you fellow members use by way of adhesive, I know that it is most likely superglue but, any particular make? When I change my tip, I usually do it when there is at least a day to go before I have to play with it, but, if my tip came off during a game, is there a glue that gives a quick fix, i.e. enabling you to play on within a very short time?
                      The Gorilla superglue is very good, its high viscosity so doesnt run like regular superglue and is rubber infused for impact resistance, you can also get it in gel. The other glue I use is loctite power flex/ultra gel, same thing but they changed the name, both types of glue are excellent for tips.

Comment

Got the ferrule replace to stainless steel one ��

Comment

[ATTACH]18496[/ATTACH]
                          Got the ferrule replace to stainless steel one ��
                          I like the look of that. Everything looks spotless.
                          Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                          Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                          Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

What about mine?

Comment

Originally Posted by crazybeans View Post
                              What about mine?
                              Nice Job crazybeans, you should post pics of your new TW as well.

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
                                Nice Job crazybeans, you should post pics of your new TW as well.
                                Alright. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X