Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tip question

Hi folks,

I've just fitted a Mike Wooldridge tip to my cue, ready for my first century break :biggrin-new:

My question is, what do you chaps do with your tip, whatever make it may be, do you actually 'dome' it or, do you merely 'curve' it. hope you understand what I'm saying.

I "curve" not full "dome" - I think a dome is too much for snooker especially for the long straightish shots. A full dome could easily allow for too much unwanted side being applied.
    Last edited by DeanH; 9 September 2016, 03:57 PM.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      I "curve" not full "dome" - I think a dome is too much for snooker especially for the long straightish shots. A full dome could easily allow for too much unwanted side being applied.
      Inside or outside side Dean lol.

I'm the same, just curve, still good on long shots and in the balls.

Comment

Is this something like?

Tip_2.jpg

Comment

Ought to restart this thread with a vote option I for one would like to see the results over time.
          I'm a curve guy too. Dean couldn't have put it better.

ps

Watch out for Big Splash he'll probably chip in with "shape mine like a cube" and then waffle on about the Borg cube being the most efficient twoddle.

Comment

Originally Posted by bluenose1940 View Post
            Is this something like?

[ATTACH]18481[/ATTACH]
            If you burnish the sides it should square up the edges leaving just the curve.

Last edited by markz; 9 September 2016, 04:55 PM. Reason: Add pic

Comment

Is this something like?

[ATTACH]18481[/ATTACH]
              holy-moly!
              Here is the first then that went through my mind when I saw your photo...
              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaker_(Muppet)

Comment

that is very nice tip, a little too "dome" for me, but each to their own
                get blinded by the ferrule
                Originally Posted by markz View Post

Comment

a quick look on google came up with this image; I am ONLY using this image to show the shallow curve that I try for - nothing about the fibre ferrule or anything else
                  http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u.../tiger_tip.jpg

Comment

Tip was just finished, it's an ADR tip and after a few hits it's not as domed as that but needs no shaping. I like a shiny ferrule lol

Comment

Tip was just finished, it's an ADR tip and after a few hits it's not as domed as that but needs no shaping. I like a shiny ferrule lol
                      ah, gotcha
                      I do like a bit more thickness to my tips than the image I showed, closer to the thickness of yours and let them bed-in .

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                        holy-moly!
                        Here is the first then that went through my mind when I saw your photo...
                        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaker_(Muppet)
                        The shot that I took was a macro shot, when looked at with the naked eye, it doesn't look anywhere near as 'fluffy'

Comment

Lovely job that Markz, how do you get such a shiny ferrule?
                          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                            Lovely job that Markz, how do you get such a shiny ferrule?
                            Just take my time. I use small strip of 2000 wet and dry and 0000 wire wool, sometimes use strip of brown paper to buff it even shinier lol.

Comment

The shot that I took was a macro shot, when looked at with the naked eye, it doesn't look anywhere near as 'fluffy'
                              Pic reminded me of Trevor Francis when he played for blues lol

Comment

Working...
                              X