Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Grits Of Sandpaper For Shaping & Finishing Tip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Grits Of Sandpaper For Shaping & Finishing Tip?

Just wondering what are the best grits of sandpaper for shaping a tip & finishing the tip off? Any advice would be great!

Originally Posted by dmorley85 View Post
    Just wondering what are the best grits of sandpaper for shaping a tip & finishing the tip off? Any advice would be great!
    Quick search came across the same question asked. Here's the link:

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...Tip+sand+paper

Comment

Don't use sandpaper as tiny bits of grit can become embedded in the tip. Get yourself a small diamond file and use that.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
        Don't use sandpaper as tiny bits of grit can become embedded in the tip. Get yourself a small diamond file and use that.
        I read that in the link I gave. Seems strange as majority of players still just carry sand paper. I see guys knocking tons then just reaching in case for quick scuff of sand paper.

Comment

Try the craftsmen cues tip shaper. It should last decades and fits in a case.

http://www.craftsmancues.com/acatalo...sories-p1.html

Had mine for five years and it's barely worn.

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post

+1 best tip shaper available

Comment

Originally Posted by ghost121 View Post
              +1 best tip shaper available
              Got mates who ask to use it when we practice! Otherwise, they've got a bit of sandpaper in their case lol

How tight are they?

Comment

Got mates who ask to use it when we practice! Otherwise, they've got a bit of sandpaper in their case lol

How tight are they?
                Why do they need one, they use yours!
                Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                  Why do they need one, they use yours!
                  Only when they see me. The rest of the time they're struggling with sand paper! And they've got good jobs! They can earn a tip shaper in 30 minutes. It's less cost than a Kamui tip but would last decades. Like folk have said, get a nail file from poundland if nothing else.

These are a cheap alternative, just be careful not to scratch the ferrule, masking tape it; four for a quid in poundland:

No-one should be using sand paper really.
                  Last edited by Big Splash!; 16 September 2016, 01:03 PM.

Comment

I still can't seem to shape tips correctly even after all these years ! Going to go to see Mr Parris tomorrow to get a new tip put on in time for the League season that starts on 4th October .
                    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                      I still can't seem to shape tips correctly even after all these years ! Going to go to see Mr Parris tomorrow to get a new tip put on in time for the League season that starts on 4th October .
                      C'mon Neil, what you got, five thumbs? Put the tip on centrally and take it for a spin with the CC file; literally. Simply hold the tip shaper to the tip and rotate the cue over and over again. Beginning with the tip shoulder.Apply even pressure. Easy.

Comment

C'mon Neil, what you got, five thumbs? Put the tip on centrally and take it for a spin with the CC file; literally. Simply hold the tip shaper to the tip and rotate the cue over and over again. Beginning with the tip shoulder.Apply even pressure. Easy.
                        Got to say splasher if I was near the Parris shop I'd nip in regular just to say alright John mate and good stuff, good stuff.

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
                          Got to say splasher if I was near the Parris shop I'd nip in regular just to say alright John mate and good stuff, good stuff.
                          Dats quality, quality mate, nuff said. I think Neil just likes to pop in and remind himself why he sold his ultimate.

Comment

Which tip shaper do you mean Spash? Put a picture up so I know which one you mean please.

Comment

Which tip shaper do you mean Spash? Put a picture up so I know which one you mean please.

Comment

Working...
                              X