Snooker Rule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooker Rule

I was asked about a rule the other day and it certainly caught me out.

If a referee places a colour back on the wrong spot and then notices after a few shots have taken place I thought the colour should then remain in the wrong position.

I was thought that it should go back to the correct position but this may not be possible after a few shots?

Your thoughts?
    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Snooker Rule

If a shot has happened before the mis-spot is noticed then it remains where it is.
    I have seen this on a TV match
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      If a shot has happened before the mis-spot is noticed then it remains where it is.
      I have seen this on a TV match
      That'll do for me. It makes sense and is reasonable as we don;t have a snapshot of where the balls were!

Comment

A similar one I saw was a john Higgins match, where he potted the pink ( I think ) the ref respotted it correctly on its own spot, Higgins potted a couple of reds then landed on the pink again, noticing it wasn't right on its spot and because he hadn't been near it ,he asked for the ref to respot it again, which he did, the commentators were not happy, saying you can't do that once you have played a shot.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

To me that should not have happened, as clearly stated in the Rules.
          "Sec3.7(c) If a stroke is made with a ball or balls not correctly spotted, they will be considered to be correctly spotted for subsequent strokes."
          The incident I saw was some years ago, I think it was Bulgaria(?) and one of the then upcoming female referees put the Yellow on the Green spot, the player played a shot to safety; the on-coming player pointed to the Yellow, the referee nodded and indicated to continue, which he did so.
          Last edited by DeanH; 4 October 2016, 09:04 AM.
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Yeah it makes sense to leave it as circumstances have changed.

Comment

Yeah - once the next shot (or foul) has taken place, the ball must remain where it is.

We had a situation in the league where they'd somehow managed to start the frame with the yellow and green on each other's spots! The first colour potted was the yellow (from the green spot) - I saw them pick up the green and put it on its spot and respot the yellow on the yellow spot.

Theoretically, they should have spotted the yellow on the highest available (which at the time was the black spot and would have really mucked up the black which was nearby!)

Comment

Interesting incident at the Open yesterday. I was in the players' lounge when the first matches had just started. Someone piped up as Paul Collier walked past: "Paul, they've got the green and yellow on the wrong spots". You could see the look of horror on Paul's face. He looked at the screen for a second or two and replied "the logo's the wrong way round". It was simply a case that the feed to the monitor had the picture back to front! Although the score overlay was correct.
                Duplicate of banned account deleted

Comment

Working...
                X