Spectacles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by RogiBear View Post
    Try using some eye drops. I had a dry eye/inflamation problem which contacts contacts made worse, bought the glasses but couldn't get on with them. Went to my consultant and he recommended these eye drops. They are non steroid. Put a drop in a few mins before putting the contacts in then again after. Haven't had a problem since.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HYLO-FORTE-...rds=hylo+forte
    Have just ordered some from Amazon. Thanks again.

Comment

I played with normal glasses for the first 25 years that were ok and had a little fistortion.

In the last 6 years I have used glasses in everyday life and daily disposables for snooker which has been great; when the lenses get a little dry I use a normal set of drops from the optician which just make the lenses soft again; rarely use it though as don;t normally play over 4 hours.

Tried my varifocals for snooker, I don;t think this works at all. Straight pots are fine but peripheral vision is way to inaccurate as there is loads of distortion. Tried them in a match and could barely find the middle pocket! DON'T USE THE!!

I considered laser but the guy said it would last around 10 years and I would be back where I started. My response was that the last 3 or 4 years of that 10 years must be deteriorated anough that I would probably need glasses and he didn't disagree so I didn't feel it was worth it as the dailys were fine, obviously a persona choice though.

I have considered the Dennis Taylor type glasses a few times but the dailys work.
      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Working...
      X