Free Ball Confusion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Ball Confusion!

I played a game last night and was left in a scenario where my opponent had completely missed hitting a red giving me 4 points and left me with a free ball. The black was over the corner pocket but the pink was directly in front of the black. Could I have nominated the pink as my free ball and hit it onto the black to pot the black or not? I chose not to do this as I was unsure on this particular rule.

You can not play the mentioned shot. The free ball rule works by in effect turn the ball you nomate as a free ball into the type that you need to pot. So in your case you've turned the pink into a red but all the other colours remain the same, hence the shot would be like hitting a red into the black and potting the black and therefore a foul.

Comment

If you have a free ball awarded and you choose a ball other than the actual ball on then you MUST first make contact with that ball. All other colours are 'not on' for that shot.

In you scenario red was ball on. If you had nominated pink, then that would have effectively become a red for that shot, and you would have had to strike that first before any other ball. The yellow, green, brown, blue and black remain exactly those colours, and not on. So if you had planted the pink onto the black to pocket it, then it would have been a foul, penalty seven points.
      Duplicate of banned account deleted

Comment

Totally unrelated, can anyone shed any light as to why 'free ball' has been turned into a hyperlink to another site?
        Duplicate of banned account deleted

Comment

Originally Posted by Londonlad147 View Post
          Totally unrelated, can anyone shed any light as to why 'free ball' has been turned into a hyperlink to another site?
          the system TSF uses tries to be "helpful" and looks for any common words and adds links - worst than old clippie!
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
          X