Question re 'Free ball'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
    Remember the good/bad old days when there was about 4 different referees in professional snooker?
    There were only about four referees under full time contract (and got most of the tv work), but there were dozens of other professional referees members of the PRA who officiated at the qualifiers.
    Duplicate of banned account deleted

Comment

Unusual free ball situation happened last night in my league match 2nd frame. I was snookered on the brown ball and in a attempt to get out of it I ended up leaving a free ball. My opponent opted to nominate the blue ball and upon missing the pot to middle pocket the cue ball went on to freakishly cut the the brown into corner pocket lol.
      We had never seen this happen before and at the time was quickly called a foul but was discussed after the frame continued and came to conclusion that it was not a foul.
      I think this correct decision but foul was given at time and as frame continued mistake could not be rectified.
      VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
      Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
      Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
      Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

ah shame, yes it was not a foul, jammy fluke but not a foul
        Last edited by DeanH; 4 November 2016, 08:51 PM.
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by TooDark View Post
          We had never seen this happen before and at the time was quickly called a foul but was discussed after the frame continued and came to conclusion that it was not a foul.
          Provided the nominated ball (blue) was struck first, then it is a fair shot if the ball on is potted.
          Duplicate of banned account deleted

Comment

Working...
          X