Another rule question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another rule question

Made up scenario. Player legally pots a red which he was playing for, after that the cue ball cannons the blue then the blue and the cue ball both go in off at exactly the same time, how many points for the foul?

5 point foul as blue was potted incorrectly

Comment

What if the white went in first? That's just 4, right?

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
        Doesn't matter. It's judged on when the balls stop moving.
        Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
        Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
        Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

I guessed that's what you were getting at lol, but the highest penalty counts. You could (somehow) pot blue then pink then black in one shot, the foul would then be 7 as black is highest ball potted incorrectly

Comment

I always thought it was the initial foul that counts, been playing this game wrong for a long time

Comment

I always thought it was the initial foul that counts, been playing this game wrong for a long time
              Nope, it's the infringement of the rules with the highest penalty that counts. In your scenario, you have the pocketing of the cue ball, the penalty of which si the value of the ball on (four for the red in this case), and secondly you have the pocketing of a ball not on (blue) for which the penalty is the higher of the ball on or ball concerned, whichever is higher (five for the blue in this case).

The order that any infringements happen is irrelevant: it's the one with the highest penalty that matters.
              Duplicate of banned account deleted

Comment

Originally Posted by Londonlad147 View Post
                Nope, it's the infringement of the rules with the highest penalty that counts. In your scenario, you have the pocketing of the cue ball, the penalty of which si the value of the ball on (four for the red in this case), and secondly you have the pocketing of a ball not on (blue) for which the penalty is the higher of the ball on or ball concerned, whichever is higher (five for the blue in this case).

The order that any infringements happen is irrelevant: it's the one with the highest penalty that matters.
                We had a similar instance to this yesterday. During a doubles game, the opponent was going for a red, missed it and hit the Blue, the white then hit the Black which then went into the middle pocket. The opponent, who is also the longest serving member (47years no less!) insisted that the penalty was 5, for hitting the Blue first, I said that it was 7 because the Black was incorrectly potted. I did say that the penalty would only be 5 if he hit the Blue first and then hit the Black and had not potted it. That is correct isn't it?

Comment

Another rule question

Yeh the black was potted foul is 7 as I see it anyhoo

Comment

Originally Posted by bluenose1940 View Post
                    ..... I did say that the penalty would only be 5 if he hit the Blue first and then hit the Black and had not potted it. That is correct isn't it?
                    Yes that bit is correct

Comment

Working...
                    X