Strachan or a fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
    The tables are 6ft wide but the playing bed is less than 6ft wide. A 6 foot cloth ensures a few inches either side to drop below the slates and be tacked on to the batons screwed to the slates. The cloth is stretched as well don't forget. But yeah, it would make sense to produce a giant roll just over 6, 12, 18 or 24ft wide I guess.
    Is that just so you can practice your screwback shots?

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      why 20ft wide?
      12ft plus some for fitting would be the minimum would it not for width of roll?
      If the markings are down the long length the roll would be 6ft plus fitting size so maybe 7 or 8ft width of roll cut to 12ft plus fitting. I hope GL comes on with his knowledge
      But as per OP I thought all Strachan cloth was supplied with the clear markings as they state watch out for fakes with duff markings.
      I assume the OP is for a 12ft table not a smaller size.
      The OP has no embroidery on his cloth , if cloth is embroidered down both its edges if it was 12 feet wide and cut in half you would have embroidery down one edge of your cloth, to get a real strip with no embroidery it has to be a middle strip so the cloth has to be three strips wide at least( that's how my brain works it out anyway lol)
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

It could be from an 85 inch wide roll and they have cut off embroidered side for cushions. Running down the back there should be the roll number printed in faint black. Quote this number if contacting Peradons. This will clarify what type it is.

Comment

The tables are 6ft wide but the playing bed is less than 6ft wide. A 6 foot cloth ensures a few inches either side to drop below the slates and be tacked on to the batons screwed to the slates. The cloth is stretched as well don't forget. But yeah, it would make sense to produce a giant roll just over 6, 12, 18 or 24ft wide I guess.
          But the slate is six foot wide, the slate is two inches thick and the baton is at least half inch I'm guessing that's a pure minimum of six feet five inches, with no excess, not including stretching.

Comment

Full size width roll is 76 inches wide. Only other sizes are 44 and 85 inches. Both these for pool cloth. You get 85 wide Strachan 6811 tournament which is meant for pool tables or light use full size snooker tables.

Comment

Originally Posted by maryfield View Post
              Full size width roll is 76 inches wide. Only other sizes are 44 and 85 inches. Both these for pool cloth. You get 85 wide Strachan 6811 tournament which is meant for pool tables or light use full size snooker tables.
              Do you know if it's embroidered down both edges Maryfield?

Comment

Just on the one edge. Blue with gold for Tournament and red with gold for Club.

Comment

So my question is if there are pieces from big rolls that are simply cut and not embroidered, how wide are these rolls? Cuz the piece we get is 6ft wide. Does that mean the rolls are 12ft, then cut in half and not embroidered/printed and sold cheap?

So why do Strachan state that all genuine cloth should contain Strachan print, black digital print and logos?

http://www.wsptextiles.com/genuine-strachan-cloth

Paulharr147; I'd call Strachan tomorrow mate, and explain your situation. It could be genuine but if it's not, best to get them to investigate and do other everyone a service. Glad you raised this; good luck bud.

Strachan -
                  Tel: 01453 764456
                  good idea - the fakes though have gold logos everywhere - the real stuff every 2 meters or so and down the edge.
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

No just looked at the packaging and it came from the shop in wales

Comment

Thanks for the numbers and all your comments though guys, i just want to make sure what i have is right, will call strachan yes, thats not going to be cheap im in germany😡

Comment

Originally Posted by Paulharr147 View Post
                        Thanks for the numbers and all your comments though guys, i just want to make sure what i have is right, will call strachan yes, thats not going to be cheap im in germany��
                        message ronnie allen and ask him who the supplier was if he is genuine he will tell you.
                        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Contacted seller. He said it's a Strachan but he said it's a 777. What the hell is this? As I got a full size snooker table... Is the nap going to work?
                          Thanks for your help ��

Comment

Originally Posted by Paulharr147 View Post
                            Contacted seller. He said it's a Strachan but he said it's a 777. What the hell is this? As I got a full size snooker table... Is the nap going to work?
                            Thanks for your help ��
                            777 is listed by Strachan as for English Pool.
                            http://www.wsptextiles.com/strachan-...-product-range
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Nope send it back. That is Strachan pool cloth and he has unfortunately missold if it said Strachan Club. That cloth is very slow, prone to "pilling". Not suitable for full size table, at all.

Comment

My table is due a recover... What's the going rate for a recover in the tournament gold, so I don't get stung? x

Comment

Working...
                                X