Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strachan or a fake?

Ok,
    So my new cloth arrived today, looks good feels good but no logo, nothing saying strachan no writing nothing, i ordered a strachan 6811 club gold.
    All the cloths i have seen have a logo and writing down one edge am i wrong?? Or have i missed something

You're not wrong. Send it back and demand a refund and return postage or a replacement with all the embroidered/printed logos. Which seller/fitter did you buy this off mate? How much did it cost?

Attached Files
    Last edited by Big Splash!; 2 November 2016, 09:08 PM.

Comment

brought in wales Uk, ebay proper company here the link to

STRACHAN 6811 CLUB GOLD & 777 QUALITY ENGLISH POOL & SNOOKER TABLE CLOTH BAIZE

Comment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3717537757...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

this should work now sorry

Comment

Paid 239 + shipping, 12x6 inc cushion cloth but on the page now that size is not available anymore..hmmm

Comment

ronnie allen. I expect he will have just had peradon ship it directly to you.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Doesnt matter who shipped it as far as im concearned, clearly stated strachan in the 'item specific' gold 6811 club gold

Comment

Call Strachan for an authorised dealer in your area :snooker:
                "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                National Snooker Expo
                25-27 October 2019
                http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Originally Posted by Paulharr147 View Post
                  Doesnt matter who shipped it as far as im concearned, clearly stated strachan in the 'item specific' gold 6811 club gold
                  yes but it is cut off huge rolls, if it came from peradon it will be genuine.
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by Paulharr147 View Post
                    Paid 239 + shipping, 12x6 inc cushion cloth but on the page now that size is not available anymore..hmmm
                    Crikey, we only pay 375 fitted and the cloth is a single piece, embroidered and printed. Was there when it was done.

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
                      Crikey, we only pay 375 fitted and the cloth is a single piece, embroidered and printed. Was there when it was done.

I have to agree I watched the lads do four of our tables and every piece had the gold down the side of the cloth, I don't have enough knowledge to say that's how it should all be, I can only tell you what I saw. Also the cloth came from Peradon ( club bought the cloth, fitters fitted it.)
                      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                        I have to agree I watched the lads do four of our tables and every piece had the gold down the side of the cloth, I don't have enough knowledge to say that's how it should all be, I can only tell you what I saw. Also the cloth came from Peradon ( club bought the cloth, fitters fitted it.)
                        So my question is if there are pieces from big rolls that are simply cut and not embroidered, how wide are these rolls? Cuz the piece we get is 6ft wide. Does that mean the rolls are 12ft, then cut in half and not embroidered/printed and sold cheap?

So why do Strachan state that all genuine cloth should contain Strachan print, black digital print and logos?

http://www.wsptextiles.com/genuine-strachan-cloth

Paulharr147; I'd call Strachan tomorrow mate, and explain your situation. It could be genuine but if it's not, best to get them to investigate and do other everyone a service. Glad you raised this; good luck bud.

Strachan -
                        Tel: 01453 764456
                        Last edited by Big Splash!; 2 November 2016, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Would the rolls not have to be over twenty feet wide , one strip has to be over six feet wide so you can attach it under the table, I'm thinking seven feet minimum, and that only gives you six inches either side. If the cloth is embroidered down both outside edges that means to get no embroidery you need a middle strip , so two outside embroidered ones and a middle one, 21 feet minimum?
                          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Strachan or a fake?

why 20ft wide?
                            12ft plus some for fitting would be the minimum would it not for width of roll?
                            If the markings are down the long length the roll would be 6ft plus fitting size so maybe 7 or 8ft width of roll cut to 12ft plus fitting. I hope GL comes on with his knowledge
                            But as per OP I thought all Strachan cloth was supplied with the clear markings as they state watch out for fakes with duff markings.
                            I assume the OP is for a 12ft table not a smaller size.
                            Last edited by DeanH; 2 November 2016, 11:07 PM.
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                              Would the rolls not have to be over twenty feet wide , one strip has to be over six feet wide so you can attach it under the table, I'm thinking seven feet minimum, and that only gives you six inches either side. If the cloth is embroidered down both outside edges that means to get no embroidery you need a middle strip , so two outside embroidered ones and a middle one, 21 feet minimum?
                              The tables are 6ft wide but the playing bed is less than 6ft wide. A 6 foot cloth ensures a few inches either side to drop below the slates and be tacked on to the batons screwed to the slates. The cloth is stretched as well don't forget. But yeah, it would make sense to produce a giant roll just over 6, 12, 18 or 24ft wide I guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X