Loose weight in cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loose weight in cue

There's a noise coming from the butt of my one piece cue everytime I struck the cue ball, I assume this is because the weight has come loose. I live relatively close to craftman cues so was considering taking it there. I was wondering how they go about repairing the weight and if there's any aestetics changes because of the repair?

what kind of cue is it, machine spliced or hand spliced? and if its a new cue could you not send it back?

Comment

If it's a buzzy noise it might just be the ferrule, I had one go loose and I would have sworn the noise was coming from the butt end, no harm in checking that first before any major surgery.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
        what kind of cue is it, machine spliced or hand spliced? and if its a new cue could you not send it back?
        It's a Maximus ultimate i've had for nearly a year now.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
          If it's a buzzy noise it might just be the ferrule, I had one go loose and I would have sworn the noise was coming from the butt end, no harm in checking that first before any major surgery.
          Definitely butt end, first think i check was tip, seems to be about 3-5 inches about the end of the cue where the noise is.

Comment

do try and twist the ferrule firmly just in case but, has it a butt joint?

Comment

just tried twisting the ferrule and the noise is still there. No it's a one piece.

Comment

just tried twisting the ferrule and the noise is still there. No it's a one piece.

Comment

I think J means does it have a joint where you can screw extensions into the butt, that could come loose too.

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                    I think J means does it have a joint where you can screw extensions into the butt, that could come loose too.
                    that's me being a dumby it does yes have a butt joint yes

Comment

Screw the extension in and check if it's tight?

Comment

Screw the extension in and check if it's tight?
                        Still rattling

Comment

I mean screw the extension in and check for play in the joint, can you waggle the extension at all when it's screwed in?

Comment

I mean screw the extension in and check for play in the joint, can you waggle the extension at all when it's screwed in?
                            My mistake. I'll try again now. There's not really and play in the joint at all, I assume that's normal?

Comment

That's normal yeah, I'm no cuemaker but I think your first diagnosis might be right.

Comment

Working...
                              X