No announcement yet.

Fastest and most durable snooker cloth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fastest and most durable snooker cloth?

Looking for some new cloth for my table. Currently have the Strachan 6811 tournament 30 oz but am pretty disappointed with how slow it is to be honest. Even after ironing it doesnt get much faster. I see that Number. 10 and 6811 tournament are both sold as 931g/m(30oz/yd). Is the cloths speed determined by the weight? Would that mean that No.10 and 6811 are pretty much the same? Does anyone know of some really fast and durable cloth as an alternative, advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Hainsworth Precision is a good alternative.

Comment

Fastest and most durable snooker cloth?

talk to Terry D, he has used several cloths

Strachan cloth often needs a restretch after some time on a table to bring it back, has yours been done? how long has yours been on the table?
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by streamer45 View Post
        Hainsworth Precision is a good alternative.
        Was considering it, is it faster then No.10?

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          talk to Terry D, he has used several cloths

Strachan cloth often needs a restretch after some time on a table to bring it back, has yours been done? how long has yours been on the table?
          Will ask him as well thanks, and ive had the cloth on for a little less than a year. Maybe 8 months.

Comment

Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
            Was considering it, is it faster then No.10?
            The 10 wasnt quick at all In fact my Tournmant Gold was a lot quicker then the 10. The fastest cloth out there in my experience of having had them all fitted was the Hainsworth Precision by a landslide.

A friend also had the match fitted which played beautifully too which was also very quick.

Comment

There's more to it than simply what cloth you have on. Humidity and external factors play a bigger part...

The Hainsworth cloths might be what you're after though as they have nylon in the fabric which holds up better in your humidity levels aren't consistent.

Comment

We have Hainsworth Match on all three tables and I would not recommend it at all. Pretty poor, in fact.

Comment

Hainsworth cloths play great for the first month then slow down and wear out after 9mths. If the OP thinks a 6811T is slow, that's gonna be down to lack of enough room heating or humidity. One club has the Strachan in a single table room and with radiators and proper hard brushing, blocking and ironing we can make it run like a no.10, fast. So the first solution attempt should be elbow grease and heating. Another club is on its knees and has switched it's heating off during the day. No matter how much work we put into the table we can only get medium pace out of it but that's not bad for a cold room so working the table definitely helps.

Comment

I have tried #10, 6811 and Precision on my table. I have relatively constant temperatures right around 70F (about 22C) and I have a dehumidifier which keeps the humidity below 50% at all times. Without a doubt the Precision played the fastest and it lasted for 2 years with almost daily use (I wouldn't recommend it for club use though as it will wear out fast.

Right now I have a 6811 on my table but that's only because the Precision cost so much, almost double the price, but I hear it's come down lately.
                    Terry Davidson
                    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                      I have tried #10, 6811 and Precision on my table. I have relatively constant temperatures right around 70F (about 22C) and I have a dehumidifier which keeps the humidity below 50% at all times. Without a doubt the Precision played the fastest and it lasted for 2 years with almost daily use (I wouldn't recommend it for club use though as it will wear out fast.

Right now I have a 6811 on my table but that's only because the Precision cost so much, almost double the price, but I hear it's come down lately.
                      Hmm, thats interesting Terry. Ross at Carlo was telling me he has a Hainsworth Smart on one table and it played okay. Carter at Master Q told me he has Strachan New Club. Ive played on those tables and theyre deff the fastest ive ever played on. Does anyone have any experience with the Club?

Comment

It's about time they moved to a cloth like Simonis 860 no need for directional nap anyway.

Comment

It's about time they moved to a cloth like Simonis 860 no need for directional nap anyway.
                          No thanks, the game's hard enough!

Comment

Originally Posted by Slasher View Post
                            For once we agree, the nap is stupid and uncalled for.

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
                              No thanks, the game's hard enough!
                              Crikey, leveling a snooker table so there's no roll on a napless cloth. And holding the CB; LOL!

Comment

Working...
                              X