Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will potting angles change with the use of stun, follow or screw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will potting angles change with the use of stun, follow or screw?

Hi all, for shots that are not straight, will the use of stun, screw or follow alter the required potting angle?

For example when potting a half ball blue with stun, do I have to aim a bit thinner? I was practicing today and kept missing it thick.

if you strike the CB at the bottom or below the center and you are doing this at the same line as the center of the CB, then you do'nt need aim thicker Or thinner.
    However, that's just in theory. Most players put sum unwilling Side on it and They are doing it without being aware of it. i'm going to work . I'm sure u get sum better posts here from other members.
    Happy potting !

Comment

Will potting angles change with the use of stun, follow or screw?

The angle never changes.

If you use side, you have to compensate for the deviation of the white as it travels to the object ball...

The potting angle never changes

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
        The angle never changes.

If you use side, you have to compensate for the deviation of the white as it travels to the object ball...

The potting angle never changes

Absolute nonsense.

Comment

Here we go....

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
            Here we go....

Nope. You believe in fairies and pixies all you want - no skin off my nose.

But a gigantic LOL at someone who reckons he's had a 10 pack, and thinks he is level game with imran mahjid, Daryl peach and Mick Hill, not to mention multiple world champion Mike segal, but doesn't know what happens when balls collide!

Legend. Own. Lunchtime.

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post

But a gigantic LOL at someone who reckons he's had a 10 pack, and thinks he is level game with imran mahjid, Daryl peach and Mick Hill, not to mention multiple world champion Mike segal, but doesn't know what happens when balls collide!

Legend. Own. Lunchtime.
              Is there any way of filtering the forum so I can't see this guys posts?

Comment

Originally Posted by jimev View Post

19 posts in 2.5 years and you want to put me on ignore? Lol!

I'm sure you'll figure it out. You sound like a bright lad.

Comment

beat Mick Hill twice in one evening exhibition night - good ol days
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by jimev View Post
                    Yes, got to:
                    User Control Panel
                    My Settings, My Account, Edit Ignore List
                    enter the user name and Okay

Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                      Yes, got to:
                      User Control Panel

Great thanks, done

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                        Yes, got to:
                        User Control Panel

This bozo has devoted 10% of his entire contribution to this site on ignoring the only pertinent info on the topic at hand. You can't help some people, i suppose...mind you, he's not alone. Just send a week listening to commentators at the UK's blustering about using side to 'turn the red over' or to 'make the potting angle' etc.

Penny will drop one day.

Comment

Originally Posted by Ethanat View Post
                          Hi all, for shots that are not straight, will the use of stun, screw or follow alter the required potting angle?

For example when potting a half ball blue with stun, do I have to aim a bit thinner? I was practicing today and kept missing it thick.
                          If you kept missing it; few reasons. You got the angle wrong. You put unintended side on the ball, it throws and boom, you've missed something that you know you shouldn't. You should never change the potting angle, unless, like Bingo of a decade ago, you know you're putting side on most shots and then compensate accordingly. Contact angles (potting angles is actually an incorrect term as we do not hit the OB directly) do not change for anything on the centre-line of the CB. Anyone who thinks otherwise is probably a pool player who can't hit a 30 at snooker. :biggrin-new:
                          Last edited by Big Splash!; 8 December 2016, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Legend. Own. Lunchtime.
                            I know pottr has had 8 centuries and a couple of 90s in the last two weeks. That's some going for someone that doesn't understand potting angles. Imagine how good he'd be if he knew about that stuff.

Comment

Absolute nonsense.
                              I think pottr is right Mr. Big. In terms of real world physics maybe not, but as far as playing the game is concerned he is spot on.
                              For sure if you did experiments you'd find that angles do change slightly as friction is different depending of stun, screw and follow, different speeds, different spins, cloth...etc. How does that help playing the game?
                              Real player on real table need not fill his head with such unimportant information. Come on.
                              With such clutter of information players head would explode. Snooker is hard enough. Not need to have paralysis by analysis.
                              Remember, this is a snooker forum for snooker players, not physics majors.

Comment

Working...
                              X