Rankings Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rankings Question

I believe that the top 8 money earners of the season who finish outside the top 64 at the season's end will retain their tour cards. Does anyone know why the normally reliable snooker.or list only has 7 such players highlighted? there is no one in position 6?

http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp...42&season=2016

Snooker org account kindly explained it on twitter: Peter Lines [6] is an amateur.
    Last edited by motorhead; 14 January 2017, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Thanks for finding that out. Does this mean Peter Lines would qualify for the main tour under this rule? Can amateurs even win prize money?

Comment

I think actually means he would not qualify under that rule, only way he could qualify is via Q-school or by winning the amateurs world championship. Amateurs do get prize money for matches they win.

Comment

I wonder if the 'top 8' on the one year list means the top 8 professionals will qualify under the criteria, i.e. also 9th place in this scenario?

Comment

Originally Posted by mick745 View Post
            I wonder if the 'top 8' on the one year list means the top 8 professionals will qualify under the criteria, i.e. also 9th place in this scenario?
            It's my understanding that this is the case.

Comment

Working...
            X