Clammy hands and sticky cue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clammy hands and sticky cue?

Hi guys as I've been playing the last couple of weeks have noticed my cue getting very sticky whilst playing.ive been using a cue towel to combat the stickiness on the cue and washing my hands after frames but still my cue feels sticky and hands get very clammy.anyone got any suggestions or ideas as I seem to not be cueing smoothly as I really should.appreciate any ideas cheers.

does your cue have a varnish finish?
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      does your cue have a varnish finish?

Hi dean, yeah mate it does have a varnish finish to it.some shots I've played the cueing on them was very rough and not at all smooth.any suggestions?

Comment

Either buy a better cue that is oil finished or get someone who knows what they're doing to remove the varnish and oil finish your current cue. Other things would be to buy a cuing glove or buy a bottle of cue glide from craftsman cues.
        Last edited by Dave Walton; 12 February 2017, 01:22 AM.

Comment

I have an oil finish cue and d lad I play with has a varnish finish and I use baby wipes between every 2 frames with a dry towel ,dry straight after my thinking is if u put it on ur baba Ull put it on ur cue. funny enough when u 1st did it I had my friends wipes he said u sure that will take the dirt off I said u use it on ur kid his response was good point pass me a wipe

Comment

Your cue will need a clean. Simple warm water and cloth, wet cloth a tad and clean fast, instantly wipe dry with another dry soft cotton cloth - important to get the water off asap. Then get some clean white paper and fold 5 sheets into 4 and buff it until warm, changing sides of the paper as it gets dirty. Don't bother buffing the varnish part of the cue, just where the wood is exposed as you'll scratch the varnish and it will make little difference.

Make sure you wash your hands until all the oils are off before you play will help keep them dry. Sometimes I wash them a few times. I live in the tropics and often play in open air, this helps as I hate gloves.

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
              Either buy a better cue that is oil finished or get someone who knows what they're doing to remove the varnish and oil finish your current cue. Other things would be to buy a cuing glove or buy a bottle of cue glide from craftsman cues.

Thanks Dave for advice.ill have a look at the oil for my cue see if it works.whats the cueing glove all about if you don't mind me asking mate?

Comment

Originally Posted by Tommykiid View Post
                I have an oil finish cue and d lad I play with has a varnish finish and I use baby wipes between every 2 frames with a dry towel ,dry straight after my thinking is if u put it on ur baba Ull put it on ur cue. funny enough when u 1st did it I had my friends wipes he said u sure that will take the dirt off I said u use it on ur kid his response was good point pass me a wipe

Cheers Tommy for reply mate.����

Comment

Originally Posted by Scottythegeordie View Post
                  Hi guys as I've been playing the last couple of weeks have noticed my cue getting very sticky whilst playing.ive been using a cue towel to combat the stickiness on the cue and washing my hands after frames but still my cue feels sticky and hands get very clammy.anyone got any suggestions or ideas as I seem to not be cueing smoothly as I really should.appreciate any ideas cheers.
                  If you are hooked on snooker and planning to play get a proper cue NOW it will be more enjoyable and your game will develop quicker. Use current cue for experiments start from stripping it back with sandpaper and if you cannot retip learn on this one.

Comment

Originally Posted by Scottythegeordie View Post
                    Thanks Dave for advice.ill have a look at the oil for my cue see if it works.whats the cueing glove all about if you don't mind me asking mate?
                    A three fingered glove you put on your bridge hand, first two fingers and thumb, no friction at all when using one. I bought one for use in the summer when it's hot and your hands get sweaty quickly, liked it so much I use one all the time now.

Comment

Please just get your cue sorted out, don't go buying a glove thing it looks ridiculous

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                        A three fingered glove you put on your bridge hand, first two fingers and thumb, no friction at all when using one. I bought one for use in the summer when it's hot and your hands get sweaty quickly, liked it so much I use one all the time now.

Hi mate thanks for reply.I would try anything to make cueing easier .any ideas where to buy these gloves from?

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                          Please just get your cue sorted out, don't go buying a glove thing it looks ridiculous
                          Thanks jrc750 like I say mate I would try anything to get sorted!!!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                            He might get away with it if he wears this jacket as well

IMG_0322.JPG
                            It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Whereabouts in Newcastle do you play Scotty?
                              It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Working...
                              X