Ferrule Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferrule Question

I've just had a new tip & ferrule put on my cue for me. It's a good job that's been done but I've noticed that if I turn the cue whilst running my finger nail between the shaft and the very bottom of the ferrule (where the ferrule begins) there are 2 very very slight gaps between the shaft and the ferrule. Is this normal or should the shaft be completely flush with the ferrule when you turn the cue and rub your finger nal between the shaft and the ferrule?

Ferrule Question

There should not be any gap between ferrule and shaft wood.
    I have had several cues referruled for friends over the years and never seen any gap.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Who did it for you ??

Comment

When I say 'gaps' between the shaft and the bottom of the ferrule I mean just 2 little ridges that you can feel if you rub your finger nail between the top of the shaft and the beginning of the ferrule. It seems to be playing fine and isn't noticeable unless you use your finger nail to feel the slight ridges but I was just a bit worried about it not being right.

Comment

yep understood
          no gaps and the ferrule should be flush all round to the wood.
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by dmorley85 View Post
            I've just had a new tip & ferrule put on my cue for me. It's a good job that's been done but I've noticed that if I turn the cue whilst running my finger nail between the shaft and the very bottom of the ferrule (where the ferrule begins) there are 2 very very slight gaps between the shaft and the ferrule. Is this normal or should the shaft be completely flush with the ferrule when you turn the cue and rub your finger nal between the shaft and the ferrule?
            If you put a straight edge on side of cue and ferrule the ferrule and shaft should sort of blend into each other with no bumps dips e.c.t.

Comment

Working...
            X