Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rules Clarification Please

This happened in a league match but no one knew the answer

Player A potted the last Red and then potted the Yellow as his chosen colour.
    Something happen in the room and disturbed the players for 30secs or so.
    Player A then went on to pot the Green & Brown before the ref realised he should of re-spotted the yellow.

We chose to play on but was correct? The ref should of called a foul when player A potted the green but obviously didn't.

What is the correct solution?
    Thanks

Think it was ok to play on. The players are not responsible for any mistake by the referee.

Comment

that's what we thought, someone suggested the Yellow should go back up and the Blue be the next ball on after

Comment

Originally Posted by finabb View Post
        that's what we thought, someone suggested the Yellow should go back up and the Blue be the next ball on after
        Deffo NOT the rule!

Comment

as mentioned above
          3.11(c) If a foul is neither awarded by the referee, nor successfully claimed by the non striker before the next stroke is made, it is condoned.
          both players did not notice, as well as the referee and another shot taken so, continue as sequence.
          Only means that this Player A diddled himself of two extra points
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            as mentioned above
            3.11(c) If a foul is neither awarded by the referee, nor successfully claimed by the non striker before the next stroke is made, it is condoned.
            both players did not notice, as well as the referee and another shot taken so, continue as sequence.
            So If I play a foul shot , say miss the pack of reds, but before the ref calls it I play another shot and hit the reds ,its play on?
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
              So If I play a foul shot , say miss the pack of reds, but before the ref calls it I play another shot and hit the reds ,its play on?
              Err no lol

Comment

LOL no

Comment

Lol was that even a serious question

Comment

No it wasn't I was just mucking around lol. Sorry if I got everyone excited.
                    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

No it wasn't I was just mucking around lol. Sorry if I got everyone excited.
                      thanks for the laugh

Comment

The rule says that the yellow should be respotted when it is first noticed that it's not on the table and the yellow would be the next ball on.

7. (C) If a stroke is made with a ball or balls not correctly spotted, they will be considered to be correctly spotted for subsequent strokes. Any colour incorrectly missing from the table will be spotted:
                        (i) without penalty when discovered if missing due to previous oversight;
                        Last edited by snookerdad; 17 March 2017, 11:10 PM.
                        http://www.snooker-coach.co.uk

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
                          Deffo NOT the rule!
                          I think you'll find it is the rule!
                          Duplicate of banned account deleted

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                            as mentioned above
                            That's about the first time I've known you get an answer wrong Dean.

Try 3.7(c)(i) as quoted by snookerdad
                            Duplicate of banned account deleted

Comment

Originally Posted by Londonlad147 View Post
                              That's about the first time I've known you get an answer wrong Dean.
                              Try 3.7(c)(i) as quoted by snookerdad
                              Don't agree with this. Seems a bit daft. What would happen if the striker had potted all the way up to say black. Surely he wouldn't be expected to pot the re-spotted yellow followed by the black?
                              I'm sticking with Dean on this.

Comment

Working...
                              X