Rules Clarification Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by snookerdad View Post
    The rule says that the yellow should be respotted when it is first noticed that it's not on the table and the yellow would be the next ball on.

7. (C) If a stroke is made with a ball or balls not correctly spotted, they will be considered to be correctly spotted for subsequent strokes. Any colour incorrectly missing from the table will be spotted:
    (i) without penalty when discovered if missing due to previous oversight;
    Yes but surely when down to only the colours this does not apply !

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      I'm with you JRC!

Comment

Yes it does.
        Duplicate of banned account deleted

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
          Don't agree with this. Seems a bit daft. What would happen if the striker had potted all the way up to say black. Surely he wouldn't be expected to pot the re-spotted yellow followed by the black?
          I'm sticking with Dean on this.
          Might seem daft, but it has been confirmed by the powers that be that this would be the case!

Comment

Originally Posted by Londonlad147 View Post
            Might seem daft, but it has been confirmed by the powers that be that this would be the case!
            Not having it lol. Think I'd follow common sense in any frame I was reffing! Think I'll try this one out on a couple of refs I know. Will be interesting to get their comments. In all the frames I've played/watched/reffed over the last 50+ years it's safe to say I've NEVER seen the yellow re-spotted once play has moved on. Great post. You never stop learning.
            BTW If you can give any more info on "the powers that be" that would be useful in case I have a need to quote it in the future. Thanks.

Comment

If you pot the black to win by two points, would it still come back up, or is the game finished when the black goes down? Or you foul on the black to lose the frame but then say the yellow should have come back up are they both too late as the games done?
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                If you pot the black to win by two points, would it still come back up, or is the game finished when the black goes down? Or you foul on the black to lose the frame but then say the yellow should have come back up are they both too late as the games done?
                The first scoring pot or foul on the final black ends the frame, unless the scores are level - then a tie break situation happens with the black being spotted and cue ball in hand with toss of coin to choose who plays.
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                  The first scoring pot or foul on the final black ends the frame, unless the scores are level - then a tie break situation happens with the black being spotted and cue ball in hand with toss of coin to choose who plays.
                  But what about the yellow ??

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
                    Not having it lol. Think I'd follow common sense in any frame I was reffing! Think I'll try this one out on a couple of refs I know. Will be interesting to get their comments. In all the frames I've played/watched/reffed over the last 50+ years it's safe to say I've NEVER seen the yellow re-spotted once play has moved on. Great post. You never stop learning.
                    BTW If you can give any more info on "the powers that be" that would be useful in case I have a need to quote it in the future. Thanks.
                    I pulled out my SRA rules with explanations and looked this scenario and it explains the same scenario as mentioned above, where yellow is potted after the last red and not spotted, the player pots the green to pink, the mistake is noticed and the yellow is spotted and the player must go for the yellow and then to the black.
                    Strange and probably will never be seen but 'them's the rules'.

Comment

But what about the yellow ??
                      Oops forgot that bit.... I assume if the mistake of the yellow is not notice until after the frame is ended then I assume the yellow would not be spotted and the mistake is condoned and frame ends at that point.
                      LondonLad?

Comment

Oops forgot that bit.... I assume if the mistake of the yellow is not notice until after the frame is ended then I assume the yellow would not be spotted and the mistake is condoned and frame ends at that point.
                        LondonLad?
                        I think that until the frame is formally ended then the yellow could still be spotted even after the black has been potted.

Comment

LondonLad?
                          I think that until the frame is formally ended then the yellow could still be spotted even after the black has been potted.
                          That is what I mean, when the first scoring pot or foul on the last black occurs (with no even score) then that is the formal end of the frame so the yellow would not be spotted.

Comment

That is what I mean, when the first scoring pot or foul on the last black occurs (with no even score) then that is the formal end of the frame so the yellow would not be spotted.
                            I think in the interest of fair play I'd (quite rarely for me) invoke s5 and allow the yellow to be brought back to the table even after the black has been pocketed or fouled, if there was a reasonably short delay.

Comment

This sounds like penalising the player for the referee's mistake. I'm not saying it's right or wrong to the letter of the law, but a partisan referee could abuse this rule.

Comment

say you calculated that you need the last red and yellow as the colour, then all the colours to win by one point.
                                if that was the case then the player is being penalised by the refs mistake.
                                So the yellow would have to be re spotted......... So is the answer................re-spot the Yellow?????????

Comment

Working...
                                X