Wearing wrist brace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wearing wrist brace

According to snooker rules, is it legal to wear a wrist brace while playing snooker? Thanks!

What's a wrist brace?

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
      What's a wrist brace?
      A brace for your wrist.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I don't think there's any rule against it, as you'd be allowed to wear it if you'd injured your wrist. However, I challenge you to try and wear a wrist brace and time the ball properly, I think you'll find it affects your grip on the cue and therefore won't work.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
          A brace for your wrist.
          Like a wrist brace?

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
            Like a wrist brace?
            Exactly!
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Lol.

Noted, thanks JohnF.

Comment

Originally Posted by JohnF14722 View Post
                I don't think there's any rule against it, as you'd be allowed to wear it if you'd injured your wrist. However, I challenge you to try and wear a wrist brace and time the ball properly, I think you'll find it affects your grip on the cue and therefore won't work.
                What if it was on the bridge hand and the brace is in the way of the cue bridging normally?
                Could that be classed as an accessory to playing?
                I doubt it in reality
                No rule against this temporary disability.
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Its possible to make a wrist brace with minimal interference to gripping the cue. Remove and use the flat aluminium plate that comes with standard wrist braces. Add a velcro strap to secure the plate to the top of the wrist, use a bigger strap say 2". Then add a smaller strap eg. 0.5" that goes over just above the knuckles (at the end of the plate). This will keep the wrist straight. Tempted to try it out!

Comment

New-ProShot-Gloves-Brace-yourself-shoot-like-a-PRO-billiard-pool-gloves-Billiards-accessories.jp.jpg

i found this

Comment

Nice. Thanks! Kinda what I had in mind, my idea even simpler and less bulky.

Comment

You could use boxing wraps, I'm with John on the timing bit though.

Comment

I've noticed a lot of 9 ball players wear them so it could be something to do with reducing the shock that travels to the wrist which might cause an RSI type issue over a long period of time but that's because the balls are so much heavier. I don't see the need for them in 8 ball and Snooker unless it's for a health issue and even then a tubigrip always did the job for me and you can get decent wrist supports for a few quid. When I broke the wrist of my backswing hand I needed to wear wrist supports for a long time after the cast came off.
                          www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                            What if it was on the bridge hand and the brace is in the way of the cue bridging normally?
                            Could that be classed as an accessory to playing?
                            I doubt it in reality
                            No rule against this temporary disability.
                            Would this brace stop my left (bridge) thumb from dropping?

Comment

I had a session with a kinesiologist specializing in sports and their take was that it would not likely work for cueing with a rest. I took my cue and a rest with me and they analyzed regular cueing and cueing with a rest. A wrist brace could be made to work for regular cueing, but they could not see how that same brace could also be made to work effectively for cueing with a rest.

For playing pool and using a cue extension, a rest is seldom necessary, even on a 9 foot table.

Comment

Working...
                              X