Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snooker tables details

Hi everyone,

I create this post because I'm looking for information about the 12ft snooker tables. I want to build my own table, I made plans in a software but I have some trouble because I did find some dimensions of this table especially the dimensions of holes and steels. I never found these information on the net even on official rules maybe I'm not good in looking for information but if someone can give me some information about the 12ft snooker tables, I would be pleased to get these information.

Thank you by advance.

The pockets are shaped as per templates which are owned by World Snooker. There's some templates available online but they're out of date.

Comment

Well, I don't want to buy pockets already made, I will make them by myself, I just want to know the dimensions.

Comment

The "templates" are wooden shapes which are used to verify that a table meets World Snooker's standards. As far as I know the actual dimensions are not known. Someone may be able to comment though

Comment

oh ok thanks for your answer. I hope someone knows.

Comment

I think terry Davidson on here had a PDF of the template sizes .

Comment

Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
              I think terry Davidson on here had a PDF of the template sizes .
              I also
              Let me know if you want a copy
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Ues I would be pleased if you could give me a copy of your PDF

Comment

Originally Posted by remi251991 View Post
                  Ues I would be pleased if you could give me a copy of your PDF
                  certainly, you need at least 10 post and a bit of patience to get Private Messaging
                  It is not a good idea to post emails on posts.

Can I ask why are you making a table yourself?

Comment

Oh ok. If it's the rules ... it's the rules. I want to make the table by myself because I like to build things by myself. I also see that as a challenge.

Comment

challenge - certainly is
                      I assume you have sourced some slates? or do you have a slate quarry near you? :wink:
                      Where are you located (approx. only )?

If it's the rules ... it's the rules.
                      well not actually rules but common sense as forums and other websites are scanned by computers and you could get phishing/spamming emails
                      Last edited by DeanH; 10 May 2017, 01:27 PM.

Comment

no, the slate is also a problem, I try to find a manufacturer or a supplier, it's not easy, I hope I will find
                        I'm living in France close to Switzerland.

Comment

no, the slate is also a problem, I try to find a manufacturer or a supplier, it's not easy, I hope I will find
                          I'm living in France close to Switzerland.
                          have a look around salvage merchants as often snooker table slates go to them and sold for wet-rooms etc
                          There is a member on TSF called maryfield who may be to help you.

I would have thought that a matched set of slates would be required as I believe they are all made and flattened as a set.

Comment

yes I have to buy a set of slates, normally there are sold in five pieces for a 12ft table.

Comment

yes I have to buy a set of slates, normally there are sold in five pieces for a 12ft table.
                              5 pieces became the norm for tables sometime after 1900, four for older; 5-piece = two man job per slate, 4 slates = need more

Comment

Working...
                              X