Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improving as a player

Hi all,
    Was wondering if anyone has any advice for me. Been playing snooker for a couple of years now and i can't get past 20 break standard. My cue action isn't the best and I chop and change from time to time due to lack of consistency. If anyone could recommend anything to improve my cueing and my game then I'll definitely take it on board.
    I would go and see a snooker coach, but tuition fees don't pay for themselves haha!
    Cheers, Kieran

study video's on you tube of a player with a similar style to yourself or one you want to emulate - copy them - their every move - try and approach each shot the same way - stand behind the shot - watch how they stand their shape feathers all of it and do what they do. Try staying still on the shot work on keeping everything consistent. Work on your technique - watch coaching video's online - google Barry stark - practice little things - set targets do routines and solo practice download aps for your phone like ding junhui ap which is free for i phone or the snooker gym one - set targets - work on technique - do not just play people = get on a table and put in the hours - it is leg work but its important ....you will never improve unless you practice improving technique and setting targets.
    Last edited by Byrom; 6 July 2017, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
      google Barry stark
      Barry's videos are good, he's also a steady player himself (knocked me out of the pink ribbon) then took a couple of frames off Sean O'Sullivan in the next round.
      I still watch videos from time to time on youtube, they do help. I do the same with golf. I barely watch snooker/golf for entertainment these days, I just find myself
      trying to learn as much as possible, quite sad really!
      "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
        Barry's videos are good, he's also a steady player himself (knocked me out of the pink ribbon) then took a couple of frames off Sean O'Sullivan in the next round.
        I still watch videos from time to time on youtube, they do help. I do the same with golf. I barely watch snooker/golf for entertainment these days, I just find myself
        trying to learn as much as possible, quite sad really!
        yep this is the site for snooker sado's - don't worry Tom you are among friends who are equally as sad

Comment

In the same boat as both of you, watching snooker just makes me want to play snooker and I'm still only hitting 20s, I just get more of them than I used to.

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
            yep this is the site for snooker sado's - don't worry Tom you are among friends who are equally as sad
            Byrom I'm happy with being a saddo, it's nice to know i'm not alone!
            "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

IMHO watching videos etc is OK up to a point, but you can't beat a coach one to one looking at your technique every now and then and spotting errors you are making. That is one thing you cant do from watching a youtube video. Even if you only got a coach for an hour to look at technique, it's invaluable. I recommend this guy,,,A lovely chap who is also very reasonably priced...I have another lesson with him on Friday! If you're in the areas that he teaches in then I suggest you give him a whirl...

http://briancoxsnooker.co.uk/
              Follow my snooker Articles/stories on Twitter@chrisgaynor2

Comment

Go onto YouTube and type in Barry stark snooker coach ,he covers every aspect of the game and Imo his logic is very easy to understand.Without big technical changes you are unlikely to improve vastly .

Comment

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...-plain-English

Comment

Working...
                  X