• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
    I'm not one of them .

Agreed 100% with this point . !!
    well if one cannot detect his problem, how can he follow a new technique

wat i mean is that i had watched that video while ago but never knew that i might have had that problem. now that i was too concerned that why i was going offline, tried many things. saw my coach many times but he couldnt detect my problem. at the end he said just spend more time while standing, and thats wat i did.

and by spending more time while standing, i could see that my head moves, and i shouldnt be lining up with my right leg on line, bcaz i was lining up with my right eye and as soon as my left leg touches the ground, i was using left eye. ( so its very complicated )

now i touch my both feets together and lineup, and i am much online, and i m pretty sure no one mentioned that in this post, that " THERE ARE 2 WAYS OF LINING UP "
    1. right leg on the line of aim, and you lean to your right leg ( this way u use more of ur right eye )
    2. you touch both feets together and line up, and your chin is bang on line of aim

thank you

Comment

Originally Posted by bluenose1940 View Post
      Just tried to watch this video but can't get any sound. Anyone else had this problem and have they managed to sort it. Many thanks.
      it has sound
      Last edited by highestbreak50; 7 August 2017, 08:21 AM.

Comment

You can see why we wanted you to post a video shooting long blues as we would have seen this right away
        Terry Davidson
        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by highestbreak50 View Post
          well if one cannot detect his problem, how can he follow a new technique

wat i mean is that i had watched that video while ago but never knew that i might have had that problem. now that i was too concerned that why i was going offline, tried many things. saw my coach many times but he couldnt detect my problem. at the end he said just spend more time while standing, and thats wat i did.

and by spending more time while standing, i could see that my head moves, and i shouldnt be lining up with my right leg on line, bcaz i was lining up with my right eye and as soon as my left leg touches the ground, i was using left eye. ( so its very complicated )

now i touch my both feets together and lineup, and i am much online, and i m pretty sure no one mentioned that in this post, that " THERE ARE 2 WAYS OF LINING UP "
          1. right leg on the line of aim, and you lean to your right leg ( this way u use more of ur right eye )
          2. you touch both feets together and line up, and your chin is bang on line of aim

thank you
          Yep I do centre line aiming that way it's your instep or heel that's on the line, it's more a head lead system( if that's the right term) very much like the Alan Trigg video. The only point I would say is don't have your feet together, it's almost impossible not to shift your weight and therefore move your head when setting off from a feet together position, I would say start with them slightly apart, maybe a coach will correct me as this is just my thoughts on it.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

update day 25

not offline any more .................. hurrey

here is what i do now

i lineup with center body on line of aim, feets close to each other or even touching each other.
            head straight , lean forward and the leg will find its spot.
            keep looking at the object ball and approach and .

just to mention again that some players lineup with right leg on line of aim, like i used to do. this way your entire head is not on line of aim, and your right eye might be on line of aim and when you approach and get down, your entire head will be on line of aim or even the head might go to the right of line of aim. although i used to lean and put weight on right leg to bring the head online , however this way there are lots of head movement and the head keeps moving. thats why i used to be offline almost all the time

Comment

If anyone has a link\clip of Selby with the camera straight on to the line of aim, I'd be interested to see it.

Selby is odd as he sights with his right when seeing if he can clip an OB from a Snooker etc, but cues under his left eye....
              Last edited by blahblah01; 20 August 2017, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by highestbreak50 View Post
                update day 25

not offline any more .................. hurrey

here is what i do now

i lineup with center body on line of aim, feets close to each other or even touching each other.
                head straight , lean forward and the leg will find its spot.
                keep looking at the object ball and approach and .

just to mention again that some players lineup with right leg on line of aim, like i used to do. this way your entire head is not on line of aim, and your right eye might be on line of aim and when you approach and get down, your entire head will be on line of aim or even the head might go to the right of line of aim. although i used to lean and put weight on right leg to bring the head online , however this way there are lots of head movement and the head keeps moving. thats why i used to be offline almost all the time
                I didn't notice, but are you swinging your hips to the left? This should realign your head behind the shot with right foot on line of aim and left foot anywhere you like.
                Terry Davidson
                IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                  I didn't notice, but are you swinging your hips to the left? This should realign your head behind the shot with right foot on line of aim and left foot anywhere you like.
                  no i do not swing my hips to the left
                  i m no longer as offline as i used to be, however i sometimes miss easy shots but i know that my head might have moved offline

i noticed something else recently, that when i line up shots , most shots i lineup with right eye, and few shots with left eye, or maybe with head straight online. i still am trying to figure that out

sometimes when i am standing behind the shot, i feel that my full head is on line of aim but my right eye is abit to the right of that line( this is how i play most shots ), and sometimes when i move my right eye on line of aim or even abit to the left of line of aim, i may miss, not sure whats going on , but all i am focusing at the moment is to put my head straight on line of aim and drop down straight, but i think i still line up with right eye and its always closer to the line of aim. even though i cue in the center of the chin

tnx

Comment

Working...
                  X