Coutts Cue Oil Shelf Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coutts Cue Oil Shelf Life

Just wondering how long this particular oil lasts before it goes bad? I noticed the other day that the oil smells more potent now after about a year from when I bought it.

I have some MW cue oil that i've had for 10 years or so. I use it once a year on my cue and it seems fine. Does the oil deteriorate over a period of time or will it keep indefinitely?
    The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

Coutts cue oil will last years if kept airtight, make sure you shake bottle well before use though

Comment

Originally Posted by louise sheldon View Post
        Coutts cue oil will last years if kept airtight, make sure you shake bottle well before use though
        I can vouch for this.

I have a bottle and use it every now and again dependent on the finish I am after and the bottles still going strong after a few years.

Definitively give it a shake, very nice oil.
        Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
        Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
        Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
          I can vouch for this.

I have a bottle and use it every now and again dependent on the finish I am after and the bottles still going strong after a few years.

Definitively give it a shake, very nice oil.
          How about the color , Marc . ?
          Does it change the color of the shaft ?

I have always used MW Oil in recent years. It's very nice and consistent .
          But it does change the color abit .

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
            How about the color , Marc . ?
            Does it change the color of the shaft ?

I have always used MW Oil in recent years. It's very nice and consistent .
            But it does change the color abit .
            Personally I would say its really similar tMike's. If I were to be pinned down I would say it's marginally more golden but I'm sure others may disagree as there's not much in it in my humble opinion.
            Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
            Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
            Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
              Personally I would say its really similar tMike's. If I were to be pinned down I would say it's marginally more golden but I'm sure others may disagree as there's not much in it in my humble opinion.
              Cheers for info !!
              Aside of lemon oil , hav'nt seen a oil which does'nt change the
              Color , tbh .

Comment

Working...
              X