cueing problemo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cueing problemo

i had to create a new thread for this topic, as i recently posted a grip thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt97...ature=youtu.be

here is a short clip of me testing medium to power shots, and i tent to put lots of right hand side during delivery, mentioned in the previous post that i can see the grain on the cue turning to right after the delivery, however i heard by many coaches that little turns is fine, however in my case it might be important becaz as soon as i play medium to power shot i put lots and lots of right hand side on the cue ball

i recorded myself with a gopro, from different angles. i will be happy to get a suggestion from you guys. i hope you can detect a major error as the clip is not very clear

things i tried in this video :

1.even more loose grip
    2.played couple of shots touching my left shoulder to the cheek to avoid head movement

things i personally tried after the video
    increased the amount of support /touch of the cue to the chest, and during delivery , i took full support of my chest to follow through the cue
    use of chin even after the delivery, like judd trump

thank you

You'll get far wiser owls than me...

It looks like your Left Eye is Dominant from where you stand to line up the shot, but you do not cue that side of your face.

This could lead to you cueing to the right as you try to get the cue on the line of your Dominant Eye, which I guess is more likely with power shots than softer shots.

Comment

For goodness sakes, no one can tell ANYTHING from your video. Get yourself a tripod or even a stack of books on a stool and place the camera directly over the top pocket so it covers from the top of your right elbow down to 6inches in front of the cueball. Do 10 long blue stop shots potting the blues into the pocket under the camera.

Now place the camera on the right side of your body so it shows the grip hand to grip side shoulder and do 5 long blue stop shots.

You owe me 5 minutes of my life back for posting that useless video.
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
        You'll get far wiser owls than me...

It looks like your Left Eye is Dominant from where you stand to line up the shot, but you do not cue that side of your face.

This could lead to you cueing to the right as you try to get the cue on the line of your Dominant Eye, which I guess is more likely with power shots than softer shots.
        i am right eye dominant, and i cue in the center of my chin. and i keep my head straight down on line of the aim
        not sure if i have to move the cue to the left
        tnx for understanding and accepting this bad quality video and figuring out something

Comment

I've just rewatched the first 5 or 6 in Full Screen (17 mins is a longwhile for a blah to concentrate ;wink: , and called them all correctly re Miss or Pot (admittedly one was a "might pot", with all the rest definite miss\pot).

You line the straightness of the shot up with your right eye: then use your left to sight the actual shot, which are the misses; those you sight with your right eye you pot, hence the "might pot" as you are kinda central (ie nose is online kinda thing).

That is why I thought you were Left Eye Dominant, but after you typed right I noticed how you line up the balls..... Have a look again and you can see your head move to the right (our left as we watch) on the ones you miss. Try it again and move well away from the shot?

This has prompted another thought about the infamous Roy C thread and always approaching form one side - I would bet a theoretical 50p that he is approaching from the side of his Dominant Eye. So if you are struggling with the moving away from the line: take a few steps to the left before playing the shot, then the right and see if one works?

Comment

Originally Posted by 15yellows View Post
            i am right eye dominant, and i cue in the center of my chin. and i keep my head straight down on line of the aim
            not sure if i have to move the cue to the left
            tnx for understanding and accepting this bad quality video and figuring out something
            By left I mean the Butt (obviously left and right get confusing here re watching the shot is opposite), which moves the tip to the right. I think you are moving the tip to be online with your Dominant Eye as you have lined the shot up incorrectly.

Comment

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
              I've just rewatched the first 5 or 6 in Full Screen (17 mins is a longwhile for a blah to concentrate ;wink: , and called them all correctly re Miss or Pot (admittedly one was a "might pot", with all the rest definite miss\pot).

You line the straightness of the shot up with your right eye: then use your left to sight the actual shot, which are the misses; those you sight with your right eye you pot, hence the "might pot" as you are kinda central (ie nose is online kinda thing).

That is why I thought you were Left Eye Dominant, but after you typed right I noticed how you line up the balls..... Have a look again and you can see your head move to the right (our left as we watch) on the ones you miss. Try it again and move well away from the shot?

This has prompted another thought about the infamous Roy C thread and always approaching form one side - I would bet a theoretical 50p that he is approaching from the side of his Dominant Eye. So if you are struggling with the moving away from the line: take a few steps to the left before playing the shot, then the right and see if one works?
              how exactly do i do that?
              abit confused

Comment

Looks an amazing place to play at 15yellows. Is it the same club forum member highestbreak50 plays at? You both look decent players.

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
                  Looks an amazing place to play at 15yellows. Is it the same club forum member highestbreak50 plays at? You both look decent players.
                  +1 to that Mark, it was the first thing I thought, what a great looking club.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

yes its a decent club in sydney, australia and free snooker

i spent lots of time there, just wanna make a century one day

and also yes theres a new guy in our club, who regularly makes 100, i am surprised why would he play in our club if he is that good. played against his twice and lost, his safety play is weak however, he doesnt play pots if he is among the reds
                    Last edited by 15yellows; 21 August 2017, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by 15yellows View Post
                      yes its a decent club in sydney, australia andfree snooker

i spent lots of time there, just wanna make a century one day

and also yes theres a new guy in our club, who regularly makes 100, i am surprised why would he play in our club if he is that good. played against his twice and lost, his safety play is weak however, he doesnt play pots if he is among the reds
                      I haven't got a clue why he would play at your club

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                        I haven't got a clue why he would play at your club
                        I thought the same Jim, not only a great modern venue but free as well. No idea what he sees in the place lol. Also is 15yellows the same guy as highestbreak50 as there is a post on here that looks strange, just like he logged in to wrong account to reply.

Comment

I thought the same Jim, not only a great modern venue but free as well. No idea what he sees in the place lol. Also is 15yellows the same guy as highestbreak50 as there is a post on here that looks strange, just like he logged in to wrong account to reply.
                          Just went and looked at highestbreaks video on slow cueing and it's definitely the same club.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                            Just went and looked at highestbreaks video on slow cueing and it's definitely the same club.
                            Maybe master blaster or is that Little Reggie? I can't keep up, makes your head spin like a Dr Dave 9 ball.

Comment

Maybe master blaster or is that Little Reggie? I can't keep up, makes your head spin like a Dr Dave 9 ball.
                              That really made me laugh!

Comment

Working...
                              X