X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bigmeek
    replied
    Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post
    I use gaffer tape on our clubs blue and gold boxes. Around the Base and the sides of the box and around the top and sides of the lid. They last much much longer.
    Good idea mate. Done the same with some of the boxes in my club.
    PS. It's the "egg box" interior that's more of a problem than the cardboard box. Tends to disintegrate! Any ideas for getting replacement?
    Last edited by Bigmeek; 4 October 2017, 09:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• inevermissblue
    replied
    Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
    c
    The balls used on the Pro Circuit, and by all serious players, are made by Aramith and are called Tournament Champion snooker balls. They are sold in a blue cardboard box for around £120 from Craftsman Cues in Leeds. A top of the range version is also sold in a silver aluminium case for around £180. These TC balls weigh in at 141g and are more than likely a bit heavier than normal club balls. If you opt for the ones in the cardboard box you will need to buy a case to keep them in as the box gets knackered after a while. You can get nice cases off e-bay for £40.
    I use gaffer tape on our clubs blue and gold boxes. Around the Base and the sides of the box and around the top and sides of the lid. They last much much longer.

Leave a comment:

• inevermissblue
    replied
    Make sure that you dispose of all other balls and sets when you get them. As they will almost certainly get mixed in with your new ones at some point or another. I've seen this happen time and again at various clubs. Great advice if you choose to accept it.
    Although the match balls will be on the table all the time, they will greatly aid you in your matches as you are practising with them. Also it will benefit everyone in the club by using the correct equipment.
    Be sure to check the pocket leathers on all the tables prior to purchase. As your brand new match balls may get damaged if any of the leathers have splits in them.
    Last edited by inevermissblue; 4 October 2017, 07:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bigmeek
    replied
    Originally Posted by jubes1971 View Post
    I've been tasked with buying a new set of match balls for my club, and I don't know much about them. Our old ones were Aramith i think, but felt quite dull - perhaps they were cheap ones? We ended up using the standard everyday balls for matches, but they are getting a bit old now. Can anyone recommended a nice responsive brand, and how much I can get them for?
    Many thanks!
    c
    The balls used on the Pro Circuit, and by all serious players, are made by Aramith and are called Tournament Champion snooker balls. They are sold in a blue cardboard box for around £120 from Craftsman Cues in Leeds. A top of the range version is also sold in a silver aluminium case for around £180. These TC balls weigh in at 141g and are more than likely a bit heavier than normal club balls. If you opt for the ones in the cardboard box you will need to buy a case to keep them in as the box gets knackered after a while. You can get nice cases off e-bay for £40.

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Check the thread out called "heavy vs light cueball". Some good information on that for you, it's in the snooker questions section on the forum.

Leave a comment:

• Stevie1
    replied
    Adr147@hotmail.com

Leave a comment:

• jubes1971
    replied
    OK, many thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Stevie1
    replied
    He is the snooker geek on here you want it and have the cash he has it his user nane is ADR147 on here

Leave a comment:

• jubes1971
    replied
    Thanks for the quick response!
    Who is ADR mate??

Leave a comment:

• Stevie1
    replied
    Contact ADR on hear he has good G1s in nice case and grate price

Leave a comment:

• jubes1971
    started a topic Best snooker match balls.

Best snooker match balls.

I've been tasked with buying a new set of match balls for my club, and I don't know much about them. Our old ones were Aramith i think, but felt quite dull - perhaps they were cheap ones? We ended up using the standard everyday balls for matches, but they are getting a bit old now. Can anyone recommended a nice responsive brand, and how much I can get them for?
    Many thanks!
Working...
X