Worrying inconsistency in playing ability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
    On wednesday night I had half hour practice and didn't miss a pot. Then lost my singles match 4-2 and then my league match 2-0 in the same night.

At the time I was bemused but the next day thought about the reasons for my losses;
    - My opponents played well
    - Hard day at work followed by rushing straight to snooker
    - Trying to sort the team out, food out, pay subs whilst trying to concentrate on my game
    - not practising enough
    - distractions of the more important things in life.

Whatever you do when going into a tournament, set yourself realistic goals and make sure you concentrate.
    You can't go into your first tournament and expect to play brilliantly. I don't get nervous anymore and wish I did
    as nerves bring out the best in me, I think perhaps I just don't care enough about the game anymore.
    I’m sure most of us have felt like this at one point or another. When life is busy it all gets a bit too much. For me, solo practice is my relaxation, I lose myself in it, it reminds I can play a bit. And I guess for me that’s enough. I stopped playing league this year because I got bored with the two frame format, lack of form, feeling crap etc. I’m enjoying playing for fun again now. 😉
    βšͺ πŸ”΄πŸŸ‘πŸŸ’πŸŸ€πŸ”΅πŸ’—βš«πŸ•³οΈπŸ˜Ž

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
      I’m sure most of us have felt like this at one point or another. When life is busy it all gets a bit too much. For me, solo practice is my relaxation, I lose myself in it, it reminds I can play a bit. And I guess for me that’s enough. I stopped playing league this year because I got bored with the two frame format, lack of form, feeling crap etc. I’m enjoying playing for fun again now. ��
      I feel similarly, I usually enjoy solo practise or playing with someone casually more than the league games. In our league we only get one frame, and it's often quite nerve wracking. I feel like I need a break from the league, do lots of solo practise and come back to it when I'm more confident.

Comment

Working...
      X