Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you play it

Was watching a video last night

I found it strange that Nic suggested should come off the cushions and into the pack.

I was thinking why not go straight into the pack - which he eventually did BUT he still said the right way to play it would be off the cushions

What I noticed was every time he went into the pack from the cushions he was never on a red (well maybe one not so easy red)

How would you have played it?

To more interest there was a similar shot in the SF although there wasn't as many reds to go into Zhou did play directly into them rather than off the cushions

The shot that Zhou played had more angle than Nic's. Nic's shot is very thick so he had to play 2 cushions with running side.

Comment

1/2 ball blue. Screw/side straight into the pack.
      3/4 ball blue. Running side off two cushions.

Comment

In looking at Nic's set-up if he hits the pink dead-on there would be 2 reds heading to the area around the 2 top pockets whereas the 2-cushion shot even with a ton of power might yield one red into the middle. Much better with his 3/4-ball blue to try and smack the pink in the face or else do the 2-cushions with a ton of power.
        Terry Davidson
        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

It's all in the angle, Nic's angle would have to be such a powerfull stun just to split a few reds, doesn't look on to me. A couple of inches higher on the blue a stun to hit the pink full ball looks to be the best shot. This would send reds in all directions with a high % of being on something.
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
          X