X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• digicue

does it help and improve our stroke?
    how does it even work?
    it buzzes when you go accross the ball, which means it might calculate the force from the cueball to the cue and then alerts

digicue
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELaYc_T8G3c

Detects (with vibrations)

• Jab strokes

• Steering

• The unconscious movement of the body in a twisting motion

• Standing up during stroke

its available on ebay, expensive but not sure if its worth it
    Last edited by highestbreak50; 9 October 2017, 12:18 PM.

No, it isn't worth it.

None of these gadgets are. Play snooker and get better.
    WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
    Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I think it's an interesting product which I'd like to try... :snooker:
      "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
      National Snooker Expo
      25-27 October 2019
      http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

I have one and I would recommend it. I would suggest waiting for the new version to come out which connects to your smartphone and indicates exactly what you did wrong. Otherwise, there are times when it is buzzing and I have no idea why. I would also suggest to anyone who is considering it, that if they haven't had coaching to do that first. It's important to understand how to properly fix the issues it calls attention to.

At the highest setting, it's pretty sensitive so you have to hit the ball very well in order to keep it from buzzing each shot. When I first tried it was interesting to have it buzz on shots where I felt my cueing was fine. But when I do manage to keep it silent my stroke feels pretty good.

It is essentially like having someone with you during practice letting you know THAT you screwed up but without telling you HOW. So imagine having the most perceptive but unhelpful coach with you at at all times.

Comment

Originally Posted by Csmith View Post
          I have one and I would recommend it. I would suggest waiting for the new version to come out which connects to your smartphone and indicates exactly what you did wrong. Otherwise, there are times when it is buzzing and I have no idea why. I would also suggest to anyone who is considering it, that if they haven't had coaching to do that first. It's important to understand how to properly fix the issues it calls attention to.

At the highest setting, it's pretty sensitive so you have to hit the ball very well in order to keep it from buzzing each shot. When I first tried it was interesting to have it buzz on shots where I felt my cueing was fine. But when I do manage to keep it silent my stroke feels pretty good.

It is essentially like having someone with you during practice letting you know THAT you screwed up but without telling you HOW. So imagine having the most perceptive but unhelpful coach with you at at all times.
          Whens the new version out

Comment

Call me old fashioned..... but I know when I hit the shot wrong because the balls don't go where I wanted them to!
            WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
            Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
            --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

it might help with cueing straight, but it can't tell if you are on the right line of the shot.

so it would be a help for smooth cueing only. it won't help with potting

Comment

Originally Posted by AmarZain View Post
                Whens the new version out
                I believe in November, they are beta testing now.

Originally Posted by tedisbill
                Call me old fashioned..... but I know when I hit the shot wrong because the balls don't go where I wanted them to!
                For sure, but it has different uses for different levels. There are a lot of players out there who think they've got a great cue action, and many of them couldn't make 10 consecutive pots on the easiest level without it buzzing. And I've heard a number players suggest that it is impossible to play with screw or side without it buzzing, which is nonsense. For low level players it's a good training aid if they know how to correct the mistakes. For higher level players, it's a good warm up aid to tighten up their technique if they are struggling.

To be honset, most training aids are useless because they promote lower level players making self corrections. They also put you in situations or ask you to do things that you wouldn't do in a proper game. For an example, you wouldn't play with the sight right cue, nor would you use those lines on it before every shot. The digicue is better in that it slides on your own cue, and you barely notice the added weight. But as I mentioned, even with the version that tells you exactly what you did wrong, self correcting is not going to be easy. I mean, I used to hit the cue ball and my cue would be pointing to the left of the shot line. So obviously I was cueing accross the ball, but it's not easy to fix on your own, which is why without a coach the digicue will probably do two things,
                1. Remind you of how unstraight your stroke is,
                2. Make you accustom to playing with the butt of your cue buzzing.

Originally Posted by alabadi
                it might help with cueing straight, but it can't tell if you are on the right line of the shot.

so it would be a help for smooth cueing only. it won't help with potting
                You are correct, however it is rare to miss a pot and it doesn't buzz. That's not to say that you can't be off line and cue improperly. But in general it is meant to drill in good cueing habits.

Comment

How does it work with side then, particularly for people who pivot, like vmax?

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                    No, it isn't worth it.

None of these gadgets are. Play snooker and get better.
                    Wow, this is a revolutionary concept I've never heard before! Practise? Its genius, I'll be world champ in no time!

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
                      How does it work with side then, particularly for people who pivot, like vmax?
                      Basically, it simply measures if the cue moves in a straight line through vibrations. That's the extent of my technical knowledge lol. But that means so long as the cue is moving in a straight line after contact, it will register it as a good stroke. So even if a pool player uses backhand english, it should consider it a good hit as long as the cue is moving straight across the ball and not being steered further to the left or right on or after contact. I find that difficult to do however, but I've never used backhand english.

It is more challenging to get a good hit with any of the spins, I think particularly because players tend to overgrip the cue on or before contact. I find that so long as I keep a consistent grip and finish my stroke, I'm usually fine.

I read on AZ, though, that it will always buzz when you are shooting over a ball. Something to do with the orientation. But those are speciality scenarios.
                      Last edited by Csmith; 11 October 2017, 04:52 PM. Reason: Edited for clarity *it buzzes when you are shooting OVER a ball

Comment

Basically, it simply measures if the cue moves in a straight line through vibrations. That's the extent of my technical knowledge lol. But that means so long as the cue is moving in a straight line after contact, it will register it as a good stroke. So even if a pool player uses backhand english, it should consider it a good hit as long as the cue is moving straight across the ball and not being steered further to the left or right on or after contact. I find that difficult to do however, but I've never used backhand english.

It is more challenging to get a good hit with any of the spins, I think particularly because players tend to overgrip the cue on or before contact. I find that so long as I keep a consistent grip and finish my stroke, I'm usually fine.

I read on AZ, though, that it will always buzz when you are shooting a ball. Something to do with the orientation. But those are speciality scenarios.
                        Ok, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                        X