Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TS Long BA Tips - Anyone Tried Them?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Do all women golf players hit the ball really gently as well? Par 30 every hole

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
      Do all women golf players hit the ball really gently as well? Par 30 every hole

      Thats why Women have red markers to play from ahead of the mens tees. Women also dont play in the mens comps. Can some women hit long balls? yes but certainly no where near the long hitters in the mens games thus no women player will ever play alongside tiger woods or the top players.

      Of course in Snooker power is a bit more mixed and closely shared. If i am asked to put on a soft tip, i do that and recommend diff types and what they do and then the player makes the decision. A few women more than men have asked to put on the softer tips as in general they hit a little less than mens and have lighter cue weights so can feel the tip better. The women with 19 oz cues, i would give then a firm Oak or similar but its personal choice for each person.
      Last edited by TornadoTim; 30th March 2019, 12:27 PM.

      Comment


      • #33
        Okay. I would just tell people, male or female, to try out a bunch of tips to see what they like. I might suggest something specific from my experience, but it would be about quality, not gender, size, height etc, which don't really make any difference to tip preference. Equipment-wise, other than maybe needing a shorter cue, men and women have the same options. An extra ounce on a cue is about preference, rather than whether it can be physically lifted. A 19 ounce cue is still only weighs about the same as a pint of milk. Generating spin is about timing, not brute strength, so no need for gender to come into it.

        As I said early, my 8 year old is under 4 foot tall and skinny, maybe 3 or 4 stone. Uses a medium-hard tip no problem. Can't see that a soft tip would make any difference, other than needing a longer bedding period and an extra reshape if it mushrooms.

        Can't really compare golf to snooker, in terms of equipment or gender. Just no real basis for comparison.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
          Okay. I would just tell people, male or female, to try out a bunch of tips to see what they like. I might suggest something specific from my experience, but it would be about quality, not gender, size, height etc, which don't really make any difference to tip preference. Equipment-wise, other than maybe needing a shorter cue, men and women have the same options. An extra ounce on a cue is about preference, rather than whether it can be physically lifted. A 19 ounce cue is still only weighs about the same as a pint of milk. Generating spin is about timing, not brute strength, so no need for gender to come into it.

          As I said early, my 8 year old is under 4 foot tall and skinny, maybe 3 or 4 stone. Uses a medium-hard tip no problem. Can't see that a soft tip would make any difference, other than needing a longer bedding period and an extra reshape if it mushrooms.

          Can't really compare golf to snooker, in terms of equipment or gender. Just no real basis for comparison.
          It can be a bit subjective as to when players ask me to retip their cue. Bit like the 1000 gods man has invented and all think theirs is the right and wont accept scientific fact. I can only report on my experience in tipping cues for players and my logic and knowledge in the sciences. If you are a truly rational person, you would understand what i say and accept both opinions as i dont have any complaints from the work i do or when people ask me why the earth isnt FLAT or why nature dosent need a creator!! haha. Ah humans are so gullible....

          Comment


          • #35
            Cool. Class A at everything including science and trying to be a smart ass

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
              Cool. Class A at everything including science and trying to be a smart ass
              Hey, your the one that replied to my thread claiming your opinion was right. Perhaps a little bit more differential (look it up) next time when you reply to a thread from someone obviously more experienced and qualified (officially) in the game. Others here are a bit less confrontational and more constructive when they answer or comment.

              Have a good day.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally Posted by TornadoTim View Post
                ....

                I am A grade in Golf , snooker and billiards .....
                What exactly does that mean?

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                  What exactly does that mean?
                  Well i play in those highest (A) competition in the city (Australia). Also i had to do training and tested for Ref and coach certification but not for retipping, as thats a no brainer haha. I always interested in opinions on any forum but only constructive is helpful and other is not...

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally Posted by TornadoTim View Post
                    Well i play in those highest (A) competition in the city (Australia). Also i had to do training and tested for Ref and coach certification but not for retipping, as thats a no brainer haha. I always interested in opinions on any forum but only constructive is helpful and other is not...
                    OK thanks for that, didn't really mean anything to me, I took A grade as meaning a professional or something 😁

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally Posted by TornadoTim View Post
                      Well i play in those highest (A) competition in the city (Australia). Also i had to do training and tested for Ref and coach certification but not for retipping, as thats a no brainer haha. I always interested in opinions on any forum but only constructive is helpful and other is not...
                      You're not interested in opinion other than your own. When I shared mine you said it was wrong, because you're an expert in everything. You pressumed that everyone that wasn't you was an idiot, not too subtly comparing them to flat earthers.

                      I get that you think your great, hence describing yourself as A grade in all that you do (which has no meaning other than the meaning you've attached to it). But, to be honest, great people listen, and build a raport before they spout. I don't know you, neither does anyone on this forum. People, including me, are naturally suspicious of anonymous people they don't know on the Internet, claiming they are the authority on everything, and who back this up with psuedo-science they describe as expertise, experience and fact.

                      It's easy to say you're an expect, but that needs backing up. An opinion is not the same as a fact. You need to be more persuasive if you want to influence the way people think.

                      To help you with your quest for expertise- you are = you're not your. Australia isn't a city. You use of the word differential incorrectly when you then refer to scientific fact which suggests you don't believe the situation is differential (and thanks for the suggestion, but I didn't have to look it up).

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                        You're not interested in opinion other than your own. When I shared mine you said it was wrong, because you're an expert in everything. You pressumed that everyone that wasn't you was an idiot, not too subtly comparing them to flat earthers.

                        I get that you think your great, hence describing yourself as A grade in all that you do (which has no meaning other than the meaning you've attached to it). But, to be honest, great people listen, and build a raport before they spout. I don't know you, neither does anyone on this forum. People, including me, are naturally suspicious of anonymous people they don't know on the Internet, claiming they are the authority on everything, and who back this up with psuedo-science they describe as expertise, experience and fact.

                        It's easy to say you're an expect, but that needs backing up. An opinion is not the same as a fact. You need to be more persuasive if you want to influence the way people think.

                        To help you with your quest for expertise- you are = you're not your. Australia isn't a city. You use of the word differential incorrectly when you then refer to scientific fact which suggests you don't believe the situation is differential (and thanks for the suggestion, but I didn't have to look it up).
                        Differential calculus anyone? hmm .. Sorry texting has made me and many to lose ability to form full sentences, so you need to not be so anal in the form but keep to the content.

                        I made a point i am from Australia but not a particular city as its no ones business especially trolls! and i if i told you all my qualifications and skills gathered over my longer life, then you would doubt. Needless to say i only deal in logic and science in what i AM qualified in- You heard of "something from nothing" particle existence and the quantum world where you need an IQ of at least 140 to have any hope of grasping the theories in this area as do the top physicists in the world- enough said!
                        Snooker and golf and billiards are the most precise games in the world on technique so like precise science, i like them. All other nonsense like gods and young earths are an insult to the intellect but if you are from that side, sorry if you feel insulted on your "beliefs" and promises given to you for your worship. You are free to follow facts or faith.
                        I have my opinions and others have theirs but i am on a lot of "smart" forums where we discuss immensely tricky non sport subjects but i sure if you think i am not as i claim, that ok, as i encourage scepticism and always question; something "faith" dosent allow.
                        Go in piece and prosper..

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Classic. .

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Was given half a box of TS Long Ba tip to try.
                            Not bad, I like it ��
                            Resizer_15557780977750.jpg
                            Resizer_15557780977751.jpg
                            Hi Ho The Merry Yo, The Black Went In The Hole~

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              I like threads about tips - we are all looking for the perfect one (prefer softish ones meself ). This thread is ace , even a visit from a snooker playing high priest of science with a High Cue of 140 . I'd a been more impressed with an IQ of 147 mind.
                              All a good laugh and I would like everyone to remember - the snooker table is a flat plane haha.

                              We are obviously being watched lol.


                              .

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X