Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cue/tip throwing off

Hi
    I realize that i miss lots of easy shots , specially long pots and slow shots. last week my coach said that my cue is throwing off, and when i play with side i need to aim thick etc, however today i changed my tip and i realize that i miss very easy shots. i cue as best as i can and i still miss those easy shots, it feels that its not me playing those shots.

yet i dont know if its my cue or i should blame the tip of the cue
    how do i find out the problem? and if its the cue what should i do? or if its the tip what tip i should try?

been using elk master for awhile, however i did use blue diomond once but it felt too hard.

i changed my cue 8 months ago ,its baracuda gold and i paid around $450 for it, the cue is very straight and it has no problem.

thanks for suggestions

It's neither your cue nor your tip...

Comment

Originally Posted by highestbreak50 View Post
      Hi
      I realize that i miss lots of easy shots , specially long pots and slow shots. last week my coach said that my cue is throwing off, and when i play with side i need to aim thick etc, however today i changed my tip and i realize that i miss very easy shots. i cue as best as i can and i still miss those easy shots, it feels that its not me playing those shots.

how do i find out the problem? and if its the cue what should i do? or if its the tip what tip i should try?

been using elk master for awhile, however i did use blue diomond once but it felt too hard.

i changed my cue 8 months ago ,its baracuda gold and i paid around $450 for it, the cue is very straight and it has no problem.

thanks for suggestions
      Have a few shots with someone elses cue, see how you get on

Comment

I figure you're not delivering the cue straight BUT think you are. You have to video yourself making long blues as stop shots and analyse the video.
        Terry Davidson
        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Depending on if you have the typical tendency to hit "too thick" when applying side, or too thin, it comes down to the tip. tips that are too swampy and soft will often hit thick, very thick sometimes. The tips are just too inconsistent when u buy a box of elks or diamonds. Hit n miss. I find that on my cue, Kamui Original (the brown) Mediumhard, plays the least deflective. Both in pool and snooker. The harder the tip, the more it usually stays in line and decreases squirt. If you feel thats too pricy, Elk Pro is an alternative. Although i had a 3box of those to try, and i hit thick with 2 of those, where only the 3rd played how i wanted it to.

if mediumhard feels too hard, the medium is ok too, although it throws off a bit more.

Comment

Originally Posted by AmarZain View Post
            Have a few shots with someone elses cue, see how you get on
            played with club cues and i can pot those balls

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
              I figure you're not delivering the cue straight BUT think you are. You have to video yourself making long blues as stop shots and analyse the video.
              i went to buy a crazy cueball today and i tried riley cue in the snooker shop and even the guy was impressed with my long pots, by the way i bought blue diomand tip this time i gotta throw that elk away and see how it goes

Comment

by the way last week i posted that i miss those rolling shots and i was blamming the nap alot, now i know its either the tip or the cue

Comment

None of it is the tip or the cue.

Not a straight delivery, and also playing the shots in the wrong way will be the problem.
                  WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                  Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by highestbreak50 View Post
                    Hi

thanks for suggestions
                    Long pots are not easy shots. I find when I miss the soft shots it's because I don't hit the cueball positively, deceleration. A shorter cue action on those ones helps.

It's not the tip or the cue, but the only people on here who haven't blamed either of those things are liars.

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                      None of it is the tip or the cue.

Not a straight delivery, and also playing the shots in the wrong way will be the problem.
                      Ted, i'm definitely blaming my cue and tip for my next below par performance!
                      "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

putting on a spungy soft elk or diamond is always gonna throw the cueball thick much more, on helpingside shots. All i can say is to get a more expensive but better tip, thats made for the purpose. they throw off less

Comment

Originally Posted by danielkandi View Post
                          putting on a spungy soft elk or diamond is always gonna throw the cueball thick much more, on helpingside shots. All i can say is to get a more expensive but better tip, thats made for the purpose. they throw off less
                          yeah im using blue diomand now, feels that i am playing all my shots with drag , maybe caz i m not used to this tip, but i can tell that i miss less, damn i knew it was either the tip or the cue caz i would miss a 100% shot, not sure if i can get used to this blue diamond though

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
                            Ted, i'm definitely blaming my cue and tip for my next below par performance!
                            Oh don't worry mate... I'll be doing exactly the same
                            WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                            Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Played in a match on Friday, lots of safety to get in the balls.

The other guy messed up, split the reds and left me plum on a nice red and screw straight back for the black. Nice little stock shot for me.

Everyone's looking with baited breath............ Jumped the white ball so high in the air it hit the guy cueing up in the match on the other table.

Ah, I guess it's time for a tip change!
                              Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                              Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                              Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Working...
                              X