X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• highestbreak50
    replied
    Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
    In both practice and matches if there are only a few reds left imagine the scenario in your head of playing a good player, if you miss it's likely he will clear up. So imagine a scenario of being 41 behind with 2 reds left you really need that clearance then.

If you start to make that type of clearance when it matters you can be a match for almost anyone.
    yea i need to improve ... this is my weakness.

let me tell you about another good guy who has played some great snooker in his career and he is semi pro. he came to our club for few months. his highest break was 137 and made lots of centuries however he has lost many games to normal club comps ( i mean beginners ) , and he told someone that when he is under pressure he cant pot a ball.

i observed that he has a very long front/back pause, i mean more than few seconds long. i think maybe sometimes your bad or faulty technique will showup when under pressure. i mean he was seriously a good player, maybe thats why he is not qualifying to be pro or win a major title

Leave a comment:

• tomwalker147
    replied
    Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
    In both practice and matches if there are only a few reds left imagine the scenario in your head of playing a good player, if you miss it's likely he will clear up. So imagine a scenario of being 41 behind with 2 reds left you really need that clearance then.

If you start to make that type of clearance when it matters you can be a match for almost anyone.
    Try filming yourself too, I do this sometimes. It's amazing how much better I play when I put myself under the pressure of not missing on camera.

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Originally Posted by highestbreak50 View Post
    do you choose a target when under pressure?
    i always take the risk, i mean when i am making a break, i just take everything on, even if i run outta position slightly i just go for the pot. however i dotn have a specific target in mind. although i only think of a target when potting the first ball.

Leave a comment:

• highestbreak50
    replied
    do you choose a target when under pressure?
    i always take the risk, i mean when i am making a break, i just take everything on, even if i run outta position slightly i just go for the pot. however i dotn have a specific target in mind. although i only think of a target when potting the first ball.

Leave a comment:

• throtts
    replied
    Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
    The end part of frame is the harder part. Making a 50+ with lots of open balls, is easier than making a nice 50+ clearance.
    Absolutely, thats why i normally only chuck 6 to 7 reds and colours on the table. Not set up either.

The other day I just had one red on the table , just placed above the pink ( blue side ) 3"'s approx, so it was available in to both black corner pockets but not available to the middles. I was potting the black on yellow and green side, 1/4 and 3/4 shots, so then to land on that red to pot it in both black corners.

Little workouts like this tell yourself if your actually learning the game.

Leave a comment:

• tedisbill
    replied
    The end part of frame is the harder part. Making a 50+ with lots of open balls, is easier than making a nice 50+ clearance.

Leave a comment:

• tomwalker147
    replied
    When you have lots of reds on are you more determined because of the possibility of making a century?
    I struggled with losing interest when there weren't many balls left as I couldn't make a big break... just a thought.

Leave a comment:

• highestbreak50
    started a topic how to build mental strenght?

how to build mental strenght?

I have been practicing hard this year and i can see lots of improvement in my game. however i play really well even under pressure.
    example: the more reds are on table i make higher breaks, even if the reds are tights/packed etc. but as soon as there are few reds i fail to make big breaks.

same thing happens in practice( where theres no pressure ), i lineup 15 reds, or cross 15 reds i get em all. i put few reds or line up few reds, i hardly clear them. i just dont get it whats the secret behind this

just to mention one thing else, that when i practice, ofcrouse i play for a specific ball for position.
    just saying this here to avoid people thinking that i might be getting lucky with positions when there are many reds etc.

please share your valuable thoughts
    thank you
    Last edited by highestbreak50; 9 November 2017, 10:44 AM.
Working...
X