X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Originally Posted by PDH View Post
    Good evening! My first post here so I will introduce myself, 30 year old player, currently using a Ton Praram one piece etc etc

I have been playing in a series of very small events, some snooker, some pool, I find that their is a noticeable difference in my level of play in a morning match compared to an evening match, with my evening matches yielding far better results.

Some of my matches have been 9.30 am starts, I find that my cueing isn't quite as good, and my shot selection could be better and it almost feels like my brain doesn't work in the mornings, end up making silly mistakes I wouldn't make in an evening match. I have tried getting up really early, so when 9.30 comes round I have been up 3-4 hours already, didn't notice much if any difference, I even did a crossword another time to get my brain moving before the match, again didn't feel any better.

If any of you have any tips for me, it would be greatly appreciated

PDH
    Double shot Americano and read the Forum! Can't fail. ; )

Leave a comment:

• fredkite
    replied
    I never, ever play as well in the afternoon as I do in the evening. With me it's probably because I don't have a pint in the afternoon but when i'm playing in the evenings I always do. Probably not much help unless you fancy a drink in the morning!

Leave a comment:

• PDH
    started a topic How do you prepare for morning matches?

How do you prepare for morning matches?

Good evening! My first post here so I will introduce myself, 30 year old player, currently using a Ton Praram one piece etc etc

I have been playing in a series of very small events, some snooker, some pool, I find that their is a noticeable difference in my level of play in a morning match compared to an evening match, with my evening matches yielding far better results.

Some of my matches have been 9.30 am starts, I find that my cueing isn't quite as good, and my shot selection could be better and it almost feels like my brain doesn't work in the mornings, end up making silly mistakes I wouldn't make in an evening match. I have tried getting up really early, so when 9.30 comes round I have been up 3-4 hours already, didn't notice much if any difference, I even did a crossword another time to get my brain moving before the match, again didn't feel any better.

If any of you have any tips for me, it would be greatly appreciated

PDH
Working...
X