Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
    As it stands it is a grey area mate.
    Selby should have had ball in hand regardless. He wasn’t in the wrong and got punished for picking the CB up. Even if he didn’t pick the CB up he would be in a worse position then he should’ve been.
    So imo the rule should be changed.
    All this discussion is irrelevant. As a result of this incident the rules were changed, and now if the cue ball is deliberately moved by hand then it is considered to be 'forced off the table' and therefore becomes in hand.
    Duplicate of banned account deleted

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      If he had asked the referee "can I pick this up?" the referee would not have answered Yes or No but "please play on"; and Selby would have fouled if he picked it up (as actually happened).
      What should have been clear to Selby is that the referee did not pick up the cue ball, give it a wipe and put it by the bottom cushion as they do when handing a cue ball to a player as a "ball in hand" situation
      Selby had the option to play the cue ball from where it was after knocked by Dott, or he could have asked Dott to play from where it was.
      As ref I would have said "I can't answer that, would you like me to clean the cue ball?" And then if 'yes' you'd mark the position of the cue ball which is effectivbely indicating that it is not in hand.
      Duplicate of banned account deleted

Comment

Originally Posted by Londonlad147 View Post
        Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        If he had asked the referee "can I pick this up?" the referee would not have answered Yes or No but "please play on"; and Selby would have fouled if he picked it up (as actually happened).
        What should have been clear to Selby is that the referee did not pick up the cue ball, give it a wipe and put it by the bottom cushion as they do when handing a cue ball to a player as a "ball in hand" situation
        Selby had the option to play the cue ball from where it was after knocked by Dott, or he could have asked Dott to play from where it was.
        As ref I would have said "I can't answer that, would you like me to clean the cue ball?" And then if 'yes' you'd mark the position of the cue ball which is effectivbely indicating that it is not in hand.
        Thanks for the clarification
        What if the answer to the clean the cue ball was "no".?
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Londonlad147 View Post
          All this discussion is irrelevant. As a result of this incident the rules were changed, and now if the cue ball is deliberately moved by hand then it is considered to be 'forced off the table' and therefore becomes in hand.
          And quite righty so.
          Thanks Londonlad.

Comment

Working...
          X