Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeanH
    replied
    it is tricky but to me the first part of the F&M rule is "to their ability" and not just "to hit the ball on" is more paramount.
    Your second scenario becomes even more tricky and difficult for a referee to assess the "intent".
    Maybe a Miss wont be call as you say due to hitting the ball on was achieved.

Hope LondonLad pops on as he once wrote a good piece about "intent" and the judgement of.

How many times do we see the pros going in off so the opponent comes on with ball in hand and has not gained anything; how many times - to us viewers - it looked "deliberate? :biggrin:
    Last edited by DeanH; 23 November 2017, 03:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• maidenmu
    replied
    Great thank you. Obviously it is bad sportsmanship to gain an advantage in this way but I wasn't sure if the ref could call it a miss when you did hit your nominated ball. My next question was what if it less obvious that you wanted to pot the ball over the pocket e.g. you accidentally screwed the white into the red after hitting your nominated ball but I think 'in the opinion of the referee is willfully unfair' covers that scenario.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    There is no such ruling in Snooker as "Deliberate foul" but it is covered by the Conduct rule as per "Sec4.1(a)(ii) any conduct by a Player which in the opinion of the referee is wilfully or persistently unfair;...".
    In your scenario, it will be a Foul & Miss, if the non-offending player requests the replacement of the balls and the offending player to play again; the ref should also warn the offending player that another occurrence of such behaviour and the frame will be awarded to the non-offending player. Play on...

Leave a comment:

• maidenmu
    started a topic Deliberate foul

Deliberate foul

What would happen if I was 66 points in front with 67 remaining after potting a red with another red over a pocket and I not on any colour. Could I nominate e.g. yellow and plant the yellow into the red potting the red. The other person would then need snookers as I would be 62 in front with 59 remaining. Would the ref call for a deliberate foul and either put the red back and force me to retake the shot or award the frame to the other person for a deliberate foul?
Working...
X