• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake Elk Master Tips - Beware!

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

I bought these on Ebay a while back delivered from China and I'm just putting it out there to be careful where you buy your tips from. I bought these on the off chance that they were genuine because they only cost £3.69 including postage for a box of 50 13mm Elk Master tips. I thought that they would be fakes but thought I'll give it a go for the sake of a few quid just in case they were genuine and it was a bargain. In the end it turned out that they were fakes (surprise surprise!). If you look at the first picture you can see that on the yellow quality seal the writing doesn't actually say 'Quality Seal', also at the top of the yellow label it says 'IMPORFED LLATHER' instead of Imported Leather! Lastly at the bottom of the yellow label it says 'Tweeten FIORE CO INC' instead of Tweeten Fibre Co. I'd say these are pretty obvious give-aways that they are fakes!

I've put this on here just so people can get an idea of what the fakes look like. Also the tips them self don't look like real Elk Master's, they are darker, have a lot more blue chalk on them which gets all over your hands they also look a bit shabby looking around the sides of the tips. If you want genuine tips you are always best off buying them from a reputable website or store rather than just random sellers on Ebay as you never know what you are getting otherwise. ADR147 has an Ebay shop and he sells genuine products so it gives Ebay a bit of a bad name really because there are genuine sellers on there but a hell of a lot of fakes.

Has anyone else ever come across any fake Elks or any other brand?
    Last edited by dmorley85; 26 November 2017, 09:22 PM.

Originally Posted by dmorley85 View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]18962[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18963[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18964[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18965[/ATTACH]

I bought these on Ebay a while back delivered from China and I'm just putting it out there to be careful where you buy your tips from. I bought these on the off chance that they were genuine because they only cost £3.69 including postage for a box of 50 13mm Elk Master tips. I thought that they would be fakes but thought I'll give it a go for the sake of a few quid just in case they were genuine and it was a bargain. In the end it turned out that they were fakes (surprise surprise!). If you look at the first picture you can see that on the yellow quality seal the writing doesn't actually say 'Quality Seal', also at the top of the yellow label it says 'IMPORFED LLATHER' instead of Imported Leather! Lastly at the bottom of the yellow label it says 'Tweeten FIORE CO INC' instead of Tweeten Fibre Co. I'd say these are pretty obvious give-aways that they are fakes!

I've put this on here just so people can get an idea of what the fakes look like. Also the tips them self don't look like real Elk Master's, they are darker, have a lot more blue chalk on them which gets all over your hands they also look a bit shabby looking around the sides of the tips. If you want genuine tips you are always best off buying them from a reputable website or store rather than just random sellers on Ebay as you never know what you are getting otherwise. ADR147 has an Ebay shop and he sells genuine products so it gives Ebay a bit of a bad name really because there are genuine sellers on there but a hell of a lot of fakes.

Has anyone else ever come across any fake Elks or any other brand?
    I have come across lots of fake Elks and a few Omin.

Generally the prices are too low. With tips, better buying off someone reputable where you know they will be genuine. There are far too many fakes made in a certain country across the seas where you can see them on the website and way too low a price to be genuine.
    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

might still be worth a try. might be better than the genuine stuff if the experiences from most on here are anything to go by

Comment

Originally Posted by qc2 View Post
        might still be worth a try. might be better than the genuine stuff if the experiences from most on here are anything to go by
        Trust me those fake elks are crap, mostly resin, awfull things.

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
          Trust me those fake elks are crap, mostly resin, awfull things.
          The ones I've seen are like bullets with no grip. I kept some so people could handle them and feel the difference between them and the real ones from Tweetens.
          Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
          Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
          Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Surely everyone on TSF just types ADR147 into google?

Buy from a reputable seller, can't count pennies when you're dead x

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
              Surely everyone on TSF just types ADR147 into google?

Buy from a reputable seller, can't count pennies when you're dead x
              you would hope so btw i have tried these tips they are really poor quality, totally unusable.
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Fake Elk Master Tips - Beware!

I often use similar excuses, Andrew

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
                  I often use similar excuses, Andrew
                  lol - I have faced up to the fact that I will never be any good again!
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                  X