X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bigmeek
    replied
    Originally Posted by Londonlad147 View Post
    'Pocketed'! Seems the obvious choice, that most referees use (well, examiners at least).
    Got it, pocketed but NOT potted. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Londonlad147
    replied
    Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
    Hi Londonlad, at the risk of me being pedantic lol, what term would you use for the black being "pocketed" in this example?
    'Pocketed'! Seems the obvious choice, that most referees use (well, examiners at least).

Leave a comment:

• Bigmeek
    replied
    Hi Londonlad, at the risk of me being pedantic lol, what term would you use for the black being "pocketed" in this example?

Leave a comment:

• Londonlad147
    replied
    There are two separate fouls committed: first there's a failure to first hit a ball on (penalty 5 points in this case, being the higher value of ball on or ball concerned), and secondly you've pocketed a ball not on (penalty 7 points for the black). As always the highest penalty applies.

Just as an aside, and to be very pedantic, a ball can never be potted during a foul. A pot is a *legal* pocketing of a ball on (or free ball).

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Fouls Question

correct

Black being pocketed when not ball on, and higher value than the blue originally fouled.
    If blue and black pocketed together, again 7 penalty points as black higher value.
    If the fouled blue hits black and blue pocketed but black not pocketed, five penalty points.
    Last edited by DeanH; 28 November 2017, 09:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne G
    started a topic Fouls Question

Fouls Question

Player shooting a red, misses red and hits blue, blue hits black and black is potted. Am I right that it's a 7 point foul?
Working...
X