Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• miscuing cause

Hi
    I mis-cue on deep screw shots consistently and its starting to effect my entire game.

Let me share what i did recently, saw my coach once again 2 months ago, and he said that my technique is has no problem, and i need to work on cueball height. eg: very bottom is 6, half tip above that is +5 , half above +4 , so work those out, and keep working on height of the cueball.

i been working on cueball height and controlling it for the past 2 months, however last 2 weeks, i hvae been mis-cuing alot, i mean alot, when play deep screw shots. its fine if i play abit heigher than i normally used to , but i dont get that deep screw effect, it gives me that stun screw shots. i am one of those that even my coach was impressed with my deep screw shots, but now i cant even screw back the black off spot with confident for the last 2 weeks.

things that i checked:
    1. i realized that i sort of do like judd trump with delivering the cue ( the cue still in contact with chin when delivering - only for soft - medium shots , maybe like ronnie does it, he keeps the chin intouch with cue but for hard shots he doesnt, thats i think i am doing, and yes last year i was told to do this by my coach to deliver straighter.

2. i sort of see-saw my head like ronnie does, when i pull the cue back i tent to drop my head few mm but while the cue is touching the chin ( i never had this but as i get more confident i tend to do this )

then i stopped no1 and no2 head movements, but still miscuing.
    • so i had 2 chalks in my cue case, i put new chalks thought it could be chalk, but no.
    • then i changed my tip like 3 times, nothing helped
    • i thoght maybe i am doing something wrong with the grip, but no, i even tried 2 fingers still mis-cuing
    • i checked if the cue is not parallel to the table, but it is fine

and today i got mad, and u know what i think i found out why! but i need some help from you experts to confirm it.
      i think its my bridge hand, yes bridge hand
      i always had very loose bridge however i had never problem with it, but since i've been working on cueball heights, and i practiced like 3-5 hours /5 days a week, for the last 2 months on cueball height. and now im adjusting different height of bridge hand according to cueball height which previously i didnt. and it has effected my bridge hand. and today i also checked that when i played deep screw my bridge hand is looser, as months ago , whenever i used to play screw shots i always tend to make my bridge hand solid.

i hope its the bridge hand, caz this mis-cuing is the worst thing i have ever seen. so annoying, so bad that it effects every other shots, and u cant even play snooker.

please do share if you ever had experienced this sort of stuff aswell

tnx

I only miscue when I think too much and/or am very tight.
    Your thought pattern is far too complicated. Not sure how will you ever get to be smooth and relaxed on the table thinking like this.

Comment

The only way this can be resolved is for you to post a video of you doing a deep screw. From what you say perhaps it is the bridge hand, which should be firm for any height on the cueball.
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
        The only way this can be resolved is for you to post a video of you doing a deep screw. From what you say perhaps it is the bridge hand, which should be firm for any height on the cueball.
        yeah i will try to post a good quality video if i could. never ever had this problem. somehow i got this problem recently. the only changes i made is practicing cueball height.

i placed 8 cueballs above black to create different angles, and the task was to pot the black with 8 spots on cueball. i did this for 2 months daily for hours.

i counted too, 8x8 and every angle 3 times to see the consistency of the cueball too. so its around 192 balls from both sides of table. my cueball control is almost perfect now. so this is what i practiced for around 2 months. i did some mix routines aswell, but the main routine was the cueball control

let me explain abit further. lets say i wanted to screw back 10 inches, i used to deep screw but decrease the power to get the desired position or lenght. however now i know that i have to play abit above and even if i play harder it wont travel more than 10 inches. so this is what i have learnt now, however i mis-cue on deep screw backs

Comment

As Terry says, it's impossible to say without you posting a video of you doing some screw shots.

It could be lots of different things causing your problem.
          WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
          Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
          --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
          X