Cue Doctor in Bury/Manchester?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue Doctor in Bury/Manchester?

The cue doctor that lived near me sadly passed away a few months ago and I used to just go to him and a lot of other people did. I can re-fit tips and re-finish cues but I don't have a lathe to fit new ferrules etc. Does anyone know of any good cue doctors or shops near Bury Lancashire or surrounding areas? I'd be willing to travel to Manchester at the furthest as I don't drive! I know there's a place in Manchester on Stockport Road called Snooker Shop but I don't know if it's any good or not. Bolton would be better but I don't think there's any places in Bolton.
    Last edited by dmorley85; 31 January 2018, 10:29 AM.

Hi.
    That shop is meant to be one of the better ones around area.
    I have not used it but had plenty of team mates use it for all sorts of repairs. One mate had a new ferrule fitted on his parris thought it'll be a few days but was ready the day after, great service. They all have trusted him with good cues and all been happy with result, also he has some nice cues for sale.

The Snooker Shop
    1025 Stockport Road
    Levenshulme
    M19 2TB

Tel: 0161 4319811
    www.snookershop.com

Hope he can help.

Andy

Comment

yeah the snooker shop is one of the more trustworthy places to go to to get stuff done, beware you might end up spending half a day just trying cues and looking at all the little oddities on the counter like tins of snooker mints etc!!!

when you beat PG the other week in the singles, hes using my old cue i got from there....

the other option is to ask lee or andy at central if they know of anywhere, know they used to send stuff off if need be.

Comment

Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
        yeah the snooker shop is one of the more trustworthy places to go to to get stuff done, beware you might end up spending half a day just trying cues and looking at all the little oddities on the counter like tins of snooker mints etc!!!

when you beat PG the other week in the singles, hes using my old cue i got from there....

the other option is to ask lee or andy at central if they know of anywhere, know they used to send stuff off if need be.
        Cheers for that Andy, I might go to the one in Manchester then if I need any work doing on my cue then. Who do you play for? What are the prices like at the snooker shop in Manchester for jobs on cues, reasonable?

Comment

Originally Posted by dmorley85 View Post
          Cheers for that Andy, I might go to the one in Manchester then if I need any work doing on my cue then. Who do you play for? What are the prices like at the snooker shop in Manchester for jobs on cues, reasonable?
          Im on a year off playing for central D, prices are good there, if he cant do something he knows who can etc... price varies depending on job and what needs doing but they dont rip you off like some places do.

Comment

Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
            Im on a year off playing for central D, prices are good there, if he cant do something he knows who can etc... price varies depending on job and what needs doing but they dont rip you off like some places do.
            Cheers Andy. Might go there then. There's a place in Accrington called B&A Snooker & Pool but I don't think it's as easy to get to on public transport as where The Snooker Shop is in Manchester. B&A Snooker & Pool quoted me £20 to put a new ferrule on my cue and shorten it slightly and re-taper the cue so that I can go from having an 8.6mm tip to a 9.7mm. I told them I'd bring my own tip for them to put on, this is probably why it's no more than £20.

Comment

Working...
            X